General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

dash vents not working, need more detail.

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 07:00 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question dash vents not working, need more detail.

OK, I'm new here so I hope I'm doing this right? If not sorry.
Anyway, My dash vents are not working and I have searched this site and found that its probably a vacuum line, which I have confirmed to be the problem. It's not the line to the intake but the one that runs toward the fire wall. I cant see where that line goes. It looks like it runs in where the cut out is for the AC lines. The broken line has a grommet looking piece attached that looks really chewed up for some reason? Can anyone tell me where to look and the best way to get to it? I can barely see back there and getting a hand in is out of the question. Thank in advance for any help.
BTW, like I said I'm new here. Just baught a 99 T/A over the winter and I'm working the kinks out now. This site is a real help! Anyone here near Lynchburg Va.? Going to Pontiacs in the park later this spring?
Old 03-25-2011, 01:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

i will look at mine tomorow and let you know. im dropping the engine and i will snap a pic of all that for you without the motor in to see if that will help you.
Old 03-25-2011, 05:36 PM
Teching In

Default Thanks!

I appriciate that. I was going to the junk yard tomarrow to look at a firebird they have that has the front ripped off to see if I can figure it out. Sure is tight in that area. Thank again!