Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

If there was, would you go?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 04:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default If there was, would you go?

Just curious,...putting out a feeler here. We've been talking, from a small scale, wanting to do some sort of V day,..call it V appreciation,...fascination,...or fun day. It would be cool but,...only the locals, a small in relative numbers crew, that would probably show up or swing by. We will do this, and it will be a fun thing but,...we started talking,...starting talking with higher ups... and the question was asked, what about ONE BIG GIANT V-SERIES day,...like at a track, something like DAYTONA International Speedway? Would you ladies and guys be interested in something like this? Would you actually go? Those out of state, would you drive to something like this? Yearly?

Cadillac is BIG in Motorsports advertising,... and I think this would be something that may be cool. Professional drivers would be on hand for demos or lessons, for hire or joy rides,... you could take your own vehicle on the track, or go around the track with a professional driver in your own car. They're would be an obvious car show, ALL V's would be welcome on the track and in the show. GM vehicles would be welcomed but, this would be a PRIMARY v series day.

This is only for feedback purposes, who would come?
Old 03-27-2011, 05:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

A meetup would be a good learning opportunity. Give away old parts, NAV discs, test drive others' cars...I might be down for that. Assuming, of course, that it isn't hundreds of miles away and we get a good turnout. I'm in CT.

Another thought would be to piggyback on top of an existing Corvette event.
Old 03-27-2011, 06:08 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

located where?
Old 03-27-2011, 06:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by FuzzyLog1c
A meetup would be a good learning opportunity. Give away old parts, NAV discs, test drive others' cars...I might be down for that. Assuming, of course, that it isn't hundreds of miles away and we get a good turnout. I'm in CT.

Another thought would be to piggyback on top of an existing Corvette event.
Cool, your looking at the bigger picture of possibilities. Although MIDWEST is a consideration, it's no secret Florida has awesome year round weather. Daytona, is cool, yet sunny. The track is newly paved, considering I know guys that have driven the old track, this is WAY better to drive on now(haven't driven it myself in either config). I think with the heritage of Daytona, and Cadillac,...the centralized style of Daytona's infeild with viewing of nearly the whole track.... it would be a sweet location. Several other manufactures
have used this facility for identical events. It's a few hours from South Florida as well but, to us, well worth the nice drive.

A spin off to a vette thing to ME would be cool, without a doubt. It may be easier to fill the room so to speak but,..there is a lot of other vette venues. But,..i'd go to vette anything.

Originally Posted by .Houdini.
located where?
Daytona, initially. If it could actually grow bigger,.. things could sprout. That'd be up to the fans of the vehicle.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:53 PM
TECH Regular

Definitely in, I miss fitting in at the FBodyGathering done every year in atlanta, and an all V crowd would be cool to get to know
Old 03-27-2011, 08:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Bowling Green, KY is where they do the Buick GS Nationals, and it seems to be a great central location.
Old 03-27-2011, 08:54 PM
On The Tree

I'm new here so nobody probably cares that I say I wouldn't want to drive to Daytona. However, I would definitely show up for a track day and event at Barber in Burmingham, Al. This is still a pretty long trek for me but I have raced motorcycles here and it is a first class facility. This is the type of place all of you would do 1 lap and say "I'll be here every year until I die".

Just a suggestion...
Old 03-27-2011, 09:00 PM
Launching!

I would go if its a large turnout, something like the Vday that the other forum puts on from Lyndsays Cadillac? Maybe that would be a good starting point. I have considered driving all the way there, but havent done or committed to it...
Old 03-27-2011, 09:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by jweymar
I would go if its a large turnout, something like the Vday that the other forum puts on from Lyndsays Cadillac? Maybe that would be a good starting point. I have considered driving all the way there, but havent done or committed to it...
Word. If not everyone is coming to that V-day then no one is going to come to another. (not being rude OP I think its a great idea that is already being done annually though).
Old 03-27-2011, 10:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Ok cool, so they got another state covered,..cool. Still interested in if people will come to DAYTONA for a V day,as I mentioned above with track outtings... not a dealership car show. Think chief, not indians.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:22 AM
On The Tree

Absolutely would go to Daytona. Disregard, the Vegas part of my name, its jacksonville now. That would've been a haul across country for a v-day...lol.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:45 AM
On The Tree

I would atleast try it once. Would have to schedule some vacation time away from work, for a big enough event it'd be worth it.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:03 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Daytona is in a good location to appeal to more northern V owners. However, would Daytona be far more costly to run a V Day than Sebring?
Old 03-28-2011, 08:42 AM
TECH Regular

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I am in northern Virginia, and would not make a 12+ trip to Daytona.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:49 AM
Staging Lane

man i live in jax fl i would drive 16 hors one way for a vday thats about it so i mean thats all the way to almost canada and i dunno how far across i could get but i can go more then then in on day and i only one spend one day to travel 4doorvetteLV where @ in jax are you i been looking for the v guys around know of three
Old 03-28-2011, 11:10 AM
Staging Lane

I think somthing like this at Virginia internation raceway would be better, great track and more in the center of the east coast rather then all the way down in FL.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Ok cool, so they got another state covered,..cool. Still interested in if people will come to DAYTONA for a V day,as I mentioned above with track outtings... not a dealership car show. Think chief, not indians.
Good luck on this project.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:21 PM
TECH Regular

Fair weather owners... Would rather do something right down the road then enjoy a road trip in the car... Well hopefully there will at least be on v owner that likes to drive the car at the power tour this year
Old 03-28-2011, 12:26 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by jasonk
Fair weather owners... Would rather do something right down the road then enjoy a road trip in the car... Well hopefully there will at least be on v owner that likes to drive the car at the power tour this year
I will be going on at-least some of the power tour.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

I think you have a better shot at keeping it at where the most concentrated v's are. Thing is its hard enough to get enough for the othe sites v day. It will be hard to do here too i think. I say do a local thing with as many v's you can get and then grow on that. i would much rather drive to south Florida if i was going to do this than Daytona. That way you could do other things not just the track day.

Quick Reply: If there was, would you go?