Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is it worth adding cutouts if u run true duals?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 10:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it worth adding cutouts if u run true duals?

Just curious i was also thinking of making bullets that i can put on when i go to track and taking my duals off and switching them back when on the street. I love the way my duals sound unsure how bullets on headers would sound on the street Know sux2bu and others have done it. But the cut outs would sound the same and be easier/cheaper. What yall think...was also wanting to remove the xtra weight of the duals when at the track thats why i was thinking the bullets
Old 03-30-2011, 08:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are some discussions in the drag tech section about this. I've looked at a couple of threads and there are some gains to be found doing it plus the weight lose. The hard core guys are just running header mufflers and dumping them out the side. The cut outs would work can you say load as ----.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just run those header mufflers, and then a V-clamp flange after them with your true duals, and drop your whole exhaust behind the bullets at the track.. As for cutouts, it depends on what mufflers you're using. My '67 has magnaflow 4x9 true duals, and I wish I had cutouts at times. I had Dynomax bullets on there before, and it was just too loud with the MS3 cam