Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Anyone installed a BMR Drive shaft loop??

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2004, 03:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Anyone installed a BMR Drive shaft loop??

Well I got BMR driveshaft loop and it says you may have to alter the exhaust to get it to fit....well I dont think its possible. I still have the stk exhaust on the car for about another month but I wanted to get this installed. I dont think there is anyway it will fit with my stk y pipe, I can barely get my finger between the y pipe and the driveshaft.

Anyone had any success install one with the stk y pipe or even what aftermarket y pipe did it work with.

Pics would be great!
Old 02-18-2004, 07:02 PM
Staging Lane

Well, I HAD a BMR safety loop but I couldn't get it to fit so I sold it. I am running a larger than stock DS but the problem seemed to be the stock exhaust and torque arm. One or the other would always hit and make all kinds of noise.
Old 02-18-2004, 07:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by evilluc
Well, I HAD a BMR safety loop but I couldn't get it to fit so I sold it. I am running a larger than stock DS but the problem seemed to be the stock exhaust and torque arm. One or the other would always hit and make all kinds of noise.
Yea I know, I dont see anyway this is going to fit with the stk exhaust and torque arm. Even if I had an aftermarket exhaust I still dont think it would work with the torque arm with out rubbing constantly. I bought it a long time agaon otherwise I would be sending it back.
Old 02-19-2004, 11:35 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmm... Installed mine just fine. Here's a pic of mine installed... not a very good one, but you get the idea.

Old 02-19-2004, 12:21 PM
TECH Regular

I have a modified BMR DS Loop/Tunnel Brace that has been clearanced and set up to clearance up to a 4" exhaust - should even work well with duals. I spent a lot of time with the welder to get it right. I have had it on my car for about 2 years now and have since decided against the 4" Mufflex system and/or duals. Plus my car is lowered and this setup hangs a little low for my taste - so I have purchased a brand new SLP DS Loop/Tunnel Brace. I haven't swapped them out yet - but I will sell the modified BMR piece for $60 shipped if you or anyone else is interested. Then you could turn around and sell yours for at least as much. Let me know if you are interested. Good luck! Patrick