Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

best place 2 get 98 fuel pump

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 03:49 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default best place 2 get 98 fuel pump

My pump is out in my 98 trans. I would like to buy a direct fit pump. It seems i can buy a higher flow pump for cheaper but id rather not have to do much modification. I have found this pump from racetronix and i think its a direct fit (or close). http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.a...%2D017&eq=&Tp= Anything i should know about this pump?? Or anyone know of a better deal on a pump for my car. Any help is appreciated
Old 03-29-2011, 06:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im not sure about the 98 pump but the 99-02 pump was simple to install, i just installed mine this after noon. The racetornix kit is very well put to get, i don't think you can go wroung buying it.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:42 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

The Racetronix kit fits the factory sender properly & includes a sock & all internal wiring.

Let me know if interested & i'll be glad to get one out to you.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:10 PM
Launching!

@ lonnies performance Id like to buy just the pump- like in the link. Do you sell just the pump by itself without the upgraded wire harness? It doesnt say the harness its required in its desciption- it says it fits right in. Its just a stock car and i was trying to save a little cash.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have a 98 and did the racetronix. Pump instal was a breeze. The walbro pump is slightly smaller so racetronix machines a body the pump sits in, very shiny and pretty in person haha. Anyway it fits right in. Very well thought put mine even came with the paper clip to repin the harness.

Now about the harness. The new pump demands more electricity and to be honest the factory wired are anemic to begin with. Let an expert chime in but in my case it was necessary. It also is very easy to instal, but ask whoever sells it to you how to do it, the wireing harness (in my case) had no instructions! But the instructions for the pump were idiot proof, very well laid out.

I would deff go racetronix, the walbro pump uses metal gears but factory uses crappy plastic iirc. It also has the factory style acordian, think bendy straw, fuel tubeing, the cheaper kits use rubber hose that can and will kink, starving your engine of fuel.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:05 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

You can use the pump without a hot wire kit, but the performance pumps should be used with an ugraded harness due to the increased power requirements.

Quick Reply: best place 2 get 98 fuel pump