Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Throwout bearing heights

Old 03-29-2011, 05:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throwout bearing heights

Hello everyone- Now that ive rebuilt my t56 that will be going into the duster, i am trying to plan out my throwout bearing options to make this swap as seamless as possible, and with as little down-time as i can. I am trying to figure out if i can use a stock viper or GM throwout bearing with the scatter shield and clutch that i will be running...

The mid-plate and the input shaft for the t56 are viper pieces, i will be using the Quicktime scattershield: RM-8074 for a small block chrysler to viper t56; the height is supposed to be 6.697".
I am running a Centerforce clutch, the told me that from the flywheel to the pressure plate fingers is 2.008"

I did a quick search here and on google, and the only thing i can find is what bczee said: "GM slave/TOB is a hair under 3.6" tall, while the Viper setup is just over 4.3" tall." I know the hydraulic lines are clocked differently between the two, but Can anyone verify the heights for me, or tell me the correct dimensions of one or the other. Im assuming ill have to machine a spacer for either one, im just trying to see what ill be able to run. thanks!
Old 03-30-2011, 10:34 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

...I was over on a Viper forum begging for measurements too, 5 mins after i asked i got a few pictures of one, and it appears to be darn close to 4.25"-4.3"...so i guess its safe to assume the LS is ~3.6" if the viper specs were that close...

Search this Thread