LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

08 GXP Rear Bumping

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 08:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 08 GXP Rear Bumping

I have a violent bumping problem in the rear. It sound like the shocks or something is loose. When I first got the car over a year ago it was a little noticeable but slowly got to the point where it was aggrivating. I had the car aligned a week ago and it seemed to be ok until my trip to Orlando today and it sounds like the shocks are going to fall out. Car rides perfect and everyting it's just the noise I hate. Have anyone had this experience?
Old 03-29-2011, 09:01 PM
On The Tree

One of my sway bar links broke and I had the same issue, hopefully they would have noticed it when your car was aligned. I had them both replaced $100 bucks later, no issue. We do have different sway bars though I believe
Old 03-29-2011, 10:02 PM
TECH Regular

Try grabbing all of the links and seeing if they have any play when you shake them. Like BBBC said, a sway bar link would make sense because it only really comes into play in roll, not ride.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Make sense now that yall said it. Hopefully she'll be ok for the trip back home. I'll probaly get if off the ground this weekend for a theral inspection. Thanks guys.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:01 PM
Staging Lane

i have the same problem. After having my car a few weeks i could here a small clunking sound coming from the rear left. This sounded just like it did on my Bonnie. On it it was a linkage rod end that went bad and the bar was down there banging around. So i clime under the GP (GXP) to look and they were all fine. So then i climbed in the trunk a drove around. The sound seamed to be coming from the strut mount so i replaced it and still clunking. So now i'm going to replace the struts as i'm sure it is it. As i drive down the road you can feel that tire bounce a little so the shock is blown. I will be replacing them with the kyb agx struts and some ssc springs. I just wish they would hurry up and release the front struts so i can replace them all cause there is no way i'm paying that much for the factory ones.
Old 03-30-2011, 04:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 1Fast7
i have the same problem. After having my car a few weeks i could here a small clunking sound coming from the rear left. This sounded just like it did on my Bonnie. On it it was a linkage rod end that went bad and the bar was down there banging around. So i clime under the GP (GXP) to look and they were all fine. So then i climbed in the trunk a drove around. The sound seamed to be coming from the strut mount so i replaced it and still clunking. So now i'm going to replace the struts as i'm sure it is it. As i drive down the road you can feel that tire bounce a little so the shock is blown. I will be replacing them with the kyb agx struts and some ssc springs. I just wish they would hurry up and release the front struts so i can replace them all cause there is no way i'm paying that much for the factory ones.
Sound is was mostly coming from my left side too, but it rides smooth no bouncing at all. Going to check my Sways when I get home. May even buy a tower brace to keep them aligned.

Quick Reply: 08 GXP Rear Bumping