03-30-2011, 09:33 PM
i guess no one cares

You are correct.

ULTIMATEORANGESS
03-30-2011, 10:09 PM
Fuck em then lol.

Canuck13
03-30-2011, 10:40 PM
Boring first fight, wrestlecrap. I was listening to Eddie Bravo on Joe Rogan's podcast just yesterday & he was talking about how more wrestlers should immerse yourself in jui jitsu subs. Like if you can dominate on the ground like that, why wouldn't you drill one sub, like an armbar or choke to have in your back pocket so you could grap on and sub an opponent?

thislswon
03-30-2011, 10:44 PM
I watched it.....

Shamar Bailey is the exact reason why wrestler get a bad name. Wrestlers like Tito, Hughes, Lesnar, Guida are wrestler that are exciting to watch. I love to watch grappling but I absolutely hate watching fighter hold top control for 10, 15, and 25 minutes. Kinda sad when I know that Bailey has more in his arsenal...

Hard to get a grasp for the talent on the show so early on. Bailey will be tough to beat due to being explosive, well conditioned, and good wrestling.

If I had to make an early pick would be Rader or Bailey.

I actually seen Bailey fight at a local show about 2 years ago. He is a pretty solid overall fighter with great wrestling and athleticism. He has some big show experience with Strikeforce and Bellator

Rader is a tough nosed fighter who is pretty well rounded from what I am told from someone I know that fought him about 6 months or so ago. Andy Uhrich has trained at Bardstown MMA off and on and I remember him being there leading up to his fight with Rader and even 2x that i know of since that fight. Uhrich who is like, 8-2 and and has a win in strikeforce, said that Rader is by far the best fighter that he has fought.....knowing how solid of a fighter Andy is tells me that Rader has some skills.

thislswon
03-30-2011, 10:46 PM
Boring first fight, wrestlecrap. I was listening to Eddie Bravo on Joe Rogan's podcast just yesterday & he was talking about how more wrestlers should immerse yourself in jui jitsu subs. Like if you can dominate on the ground like that, why wouldn't you drill one sub, like an armbar or choke to have in your back pocket so you could grap on and sub an opponent?

I can assure you that Bailey has some submissions in his arsenal. He is a local boy and has quite a name around here. I have never grappled with him but I know people who have and they say that he can hold his own on the mat.

Damian
03-30-2011, 11:32 PM
Shamar Bailey is the exact reason why wrestler get a bad name. Wrestlers like Tito, Hughes, Lesnar, Guida are wrestler that are exciting to watch. I love to watch grappling but I absolutely hate watching fighter hold top control for 10, 15, and 25 minutes. Kinda sad when I know that Bailey has more in his arsenal...

Agreed minus Guida. Guida can become very blanket'ish at times. Jesse Taylor too. HOLY MOTHER FUCK was that guy boring to watch. I'm glad he was a total douche bag and got kicked out of the UFC.

I miss the good ole days of watching Tito double leg somebody and then beat the living shit out of them inside their own guard.

JIBBBY
03-30-2011, 11:52 PM
Tivo'd this show, will watch later tonight and get back to this thread.. From what I am reading this seasons show should be the best yet.. We will see..

thislswon
03-31-2011, 12:24 AM
Agreed minus Guida. Guida can become very blanket'ish at times. Jesse Taylor too. HOLY MOTHER FUCK was that guy boring to watch. I'm glad he was a total douche bag and got kicked out of the UFC.

I miss the good ole days of watching Tito double leg somebody and then beat the living shit out of them inside their own guard.

Guida isnt a finisher but he is a workhorse. He doesnt stall IMO. He is constantly moving and attempting to progress forward for the most part and always pushing the pace.

I loved prime Hughes, wrestler through and through but by god he didn't try and stall or out point to victory. He wanted to slam you through the octagon or pound your face through it. If that wouldn't work than he had no problem submitting you....

I miss exciting wrestlers.....

JIBBBY
03-31-2011, 01:02 AM
OK just watched the show.. Fighters look good thus far.. I love how the promoters threw a German, Muslim and Brit in the mix.. Promotional interest is always number 1... Real talent is #2..

I will tell you this, JDS will smash Brock Lesnar in the coaches fight.. This show will hype Lesnar and the betting odds will probably be in favor of Lesnar come fight time..

I personally will bet the house on JDS as I think Lesnar will fold again like a cheap suit against a solid striker in JDS..

I can't wait to get paid!!!!!!

Lesnar is a pig that will either gas early or curl up like a little girl once he is punched hard in the face by JDS.. JDS is far more well rounded, especially standing.. JDS may end up on his back early on but he will endure and get back to his feet. At some point early in the fight it will remain standing and Brock will get punched in the mouth hard..

Game over....

ULTIMATEORANGESS
03-31-2011, 08:43 PM
what was with lesnar interviewing fighters. WTF does he think theyre on the show? LOL id give a stupid answer if i was them so he wouldnt pick me. :D