Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got a few questions for ya

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2004, 06:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got a few questions for ya

I know the answers are probably on past posts and I would search but it takes me hours to search when I'm only connected at 19k. Anyway here are my questions.

1. On the top on the 4l60e there is a 3/16" tube sticking out. Is this just a vent or what?

2. Are the pre and post cat O2's interchangeable?

3. I'm swapping an LS1 in to my Jeep Wrangler. Do I need to have the computer reprogrammed?

I had speartech rework my wiring harness. And I bought a module to bypass the VATS.

4. I want to a install the 5177 NOS FI kit while I'm doing the LS1 swap. Is it a do-it-yourself kit? Is there tuning involved? What other parts are needed?

5. My motor's been sitting for about a year, is there anything special you recommend doing before I fire it up?

Thanks for the help

Mike
Old 02-18-2004, 09:50 PM
wrencher

1, it is a vent.
2, yes only difference is wire lead length.
3,if you want the most out of it, yes.If you want your own tuning software go to> www.hptuners.com ( new kid on the street,looks promising) it can also bypass your VATS.
4,better asked in the nitrous section.
5,at the least crank over w/ no spark/fuel to help get oil going.
Old 02-19-2004, 04:51 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

4. that kit is VERY user friendly. you should have little trouble installing it , i would recomend a few safty things.
a. a rmp window switch
b. a bottle heater
c. a kill switch
d. a purge kit

5.if it were me i would prime the motor if its been sitting there... one method is as stated using the starter to turn the crank after you pull the fuel fuse and ignition fuse
the other is only good if your tearing apart the motor to freshen it ... if you are post it and i will give you a differant method
Old 02-19-2004, 04:59 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by jaberwaki
4. that kit is VERY user friendly. you should have little trouble installing it , i would recomend a few safty things.
a. a rmp window switch
b. a bottle heater
c. a kill switch
d. a purge kit

5.if it were me i would prime the motor if its been sitting there... one method is as stated using the starter to turn the crank after you pull the fuel fuse and ignition fuse
the other is only good if your tearing apart the motor to freshen it ... if you are post it and i will give you a differant method

Don't forget ...

F. a n2o gauge in your view .

Unless you like warming the bottle then going to the back to check the pressure all the time .

But other than that .
Old 02-19-2004, 05:04 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by NomoQaZar
Don't forget ...

F. a n2o gauge in your view .

Unless you like warming the bottle then going to the back to check the pressure all the time .

But other than that .
oops... true true...
Old 02-19-2004, 12:04 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by jaberwaki
a. a rmp window switch
b. a bottle heater
c. a kill switch
d. a purge kit

What RPM's should it opperate at?

What should the kill switch be connected to? Just a switch that I can manually flip to trun off the nitrous or what?

Are the pressure guages electronic or do you need to run lines to the guage?

It says the 5177 kit comes with a "15lb and guage" it that the guage your talking about? And can I run a smaller bottle? I dont have a lot of room in my Jeep for a big bottle.

And for the purge kit is it easy make it so it will purge at 2 locations? I have a pair of hood scoops on the hood of my Jeep and I thought it would look cool to have it purge throught the hood scoops.
Old 02-19-2004, 03:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LS1YJ
What RPM's should it opperate at?

What should the kill switch be connected to? Just a switch that I can manually flip to trun off the nitrous or what?

Are the pressure guages electronic or do you need to run lines to the guage?

It says the 5177 kit comes with a "15lb and guage" it that the guage your talking about? And can I run a smaller bottle? I dont have a lot of room in my Jeep for a big bottle.

And for the purge kit is it easy make it so it will purge at 2 locations? I have a pair of hood scoops on the hood of my Jeep and I thought it would look cool to have it purge throught the hood scoops.

ALright the gauge that it comes with screws into the valve and you will have to continuesly check it for nitrous obviously you can run a line in the car so just get a 1" 1/6 gayge or whatever size gauges you are running and enough nitrous line to run from the bottle to the gauge .

A 15 # bottle is not that big you couldn't have less room than a camaro right ?

Basically you just need to have a on off switch for the nitrous and the rpm activated window switch will allow you to determine the rpms that the nitrous is activated and when it shuts off for instance .

Say you have a wot switch which you should and you have a 3000 pill and a 6400 pill in your window switch , so basically your nitrous will only spray at wot from 3000 to 6400 rpms .

WHatever you revlimiter is , is about where you want your big pill to be as you know the rev limiter cuts fuel so if your rev limiter is 6500 and you have a 65 or 6500 pill on the big side then the nitrous will cut off b4 you hit the rev limiter to prevent any detonation and so and so on .

My 2 ¢
Old 02-19-2004, 06:05 PM
Teching In

Whats the length and diameter of a 15# bottle? Does it need to be mounted a certin way?

The only space in a jeep has for a bottle is behind the backseat and thats where my sub is which takes up all but about a 10x12 space. Sound like I might have to choose one or the other.
Old 02-19-2004, 06:23 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LS1YJ
Whats the length and diameter of a 15# bottle? Does it need to be mounted a certin way?

The only space in a jeep has for a bottle is behind the backseat and thats where my sub is which takes up all but about a 10x12 space. Sound like I might have to choose one or the other.

Yep i'd choose to go faster put the sub in a beater car or somethin .
Old 02-20-2004, 01:04 AM
11 Second Club

you could bolt the bottle to the top of your sub

might even look good to