Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

DDM Tuning rumors true??

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 12:11 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default DDM Tuning rumors true??

I just placed an order for a ddm tuning slim ballast hid kit from ddm tuning a few days ago. I got an email shortly from ddm thanking me for my purchase and that i would receive shipping info within 24 hours. Its been longer than that and i have been seeing rumors on different forums that starting march 1st, 2011 they wont be selling hid kits anymore.

If thats true thats kind of fucked up because they don't have it stated on their site and they give people the option to order them. Ill have to call them tomorrow to be sure but do you guys know if thats true? I used paypal so i guess i could dispute it if they decide not to give me my money back. Anybody know what might be going on??
Old 03-31-2011, 12:19 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by camaro981289
I just placed an order for a ddm tuning slim ballast hid kit from ddm tuning a few days ago. I got an email shortly from ddm thanking me for my purchase and that i would receive shipping info within 24 hours. Its been longer than that and i have been seeing rumors on different forums that starting march 1st, 2011 they wont be selling hid kits anymore.

If thats true thats kind of fucked up because they don't have it stated on their site and they give people the option to order them. Ill have to call them tomorrow to be sure but do you guys know if thats true? I used paypal so i guess i could dispute it if they decide not to give me my money back. Anybody know what might be going on??
They're local to me in San Diego. Got a kit from them a few months back (good stuff). Haven't heard of anything like what you said but I would think that would be pretty retarded to stop selling their main commodity. I'd assume that would put them out of business. Just give em a call and see what's what.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:26 AM
TECH Regular

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...-issues-2.html

^^page 2 post #24....

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/to...-selling-hids/

http://www.aveoforum.com/forum/f99/d...d-sales-11377/

Theres alot more forums mentioning this....Thats why i decided to ask.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Stop selling hid kits March first? That's funny cause its just about April now and my friend just received his two hid kits from them yesterday. They're a little slow with shipping but most of the time it isn't their fault, just be patient
Old 03-31-2011, 04:14 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ncfastls1
Stop selling hid kits March first? That's funny cause its just about April now and my friend just received his two hid kits from them yesterday. They're a little slow with shipping but most of the time it isn't their fault, just be patient
Yea i figured they would be slow because i have heard they get swamped with orders. I dont really mind if they take a while to get to me its not like i need them asap. I just heard all these rumors and was curious. I haven't gotten an email back from them for shipping so i was just wondering what was going on. I will call them tomorrow just to verify that everything is ok though. Thanks man
Old 03-31-2011, 06:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Check out their Facebook, they update that a few times a day to let people know what's going on
Old 03-31-2011, 09:45 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ncfastls1
Check out their Facebook, they update that a few times a day to let people know what's going on
Will do thanks
Old 04-03-2011, 06:54 PM
Teching In

i have heard that rumor also. i have a buddy that ordered his kit a month ago and still hasn't gottin them yet. he was told by ddm that they were not selling hid's anymore..
Old 04-03-2011, 09:46 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

id hope they're still backing their warranties on them, otherwise i'll be a little disappointed.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:36 AM
TECH Regular

Ok something wierd is going on, I havent called them but i recieved 2 emails from them. One of them is saying that my order has been fullfilled and its giving me a tracking number with a link. I clicked on the link and it took me to the usps website. This is the wierd part, its showing that the shipment is an international shipment.

USPS Tracking Number EE45 0727 415C N

Inbound Into Customs
* Inbound International Arrival, April 05, 2011, 2:46 pm, ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS)

* Foreign International Dispatch, April 02, 2011, 11:44 pm, SUZHOU EMS, CHINA PEOPLES REP

* Foreign Acceptance, April 02, 2011, 9:15 am

^^This email is from no-reply@ddmtuning.com

The other email is from info@ddmtuning.com and says that shipping for my order is complete. It also has a tracking number with a link but when i click on the link it takes me to fedex.com not usps like the first email. When i type the tracking number onto fedex it says that its invalid.

Something fishy is going on here and im confused. I guess i will just have to wait and see if it comes in the mail and what comes in the mail. It better the HID kit i ordered and not some knock off ****.

its also saying on the usps site that my shipment is currently being processed by the U.S. Customs office?

Last edited by WhiteBird00; 04-06-2011 at 07:32 AM. Reason: Merge consecutive posts
Old 04-06-2011, 04:12 PM
TECH Regular

Ok looked on their facebook and i guess all their stuff ships from china, that explains the 16 dollar shipping charge. Its in san diego right now which is where ddm tuning is located in. After researching a little on the company, it looks to me like they are not very professional, Not enough employees, they never answer their phones, theres even a picture of some old dude taking a nap behind his desk(wonder if thats why the phones don't get answered) They answer questions over facebook and text messaging, half of their facebook has people bitching about their orders like me, and it takes people months to get their h.i.d.'s. I hope patience pays off and i get the right product.
Old 04-07-2011, 12:49 AM
Staging Lane

I got mine just before the rumors started swirling around. Fast shipping, no problems except they didn't send me the right color temp bulbs(but part of the rumors are they only have about half the bulbs they advertise). Guess I'm one of the lucky ones
Old 04-07-2011, 04:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ya buddy of mine ordered some and then he got an email saying they were out of stock and he had to wait but he just got them last week took about a month. I was going to order some fogs but may go with someone else now...
Old 04-07-2011, 07:10 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i had ordered both lows and fogs from them, two different purchases. Took about a month or so for them to arrive but i didnt have any issues with them once installed. I did have to reverse the wiring into the ballast for the bulbs to work, but if you search on here, you will find that thats a common problem with their kits. I assume its because they just buy from China...
Old 04-07-2011, 08:13 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by 69lemansguy
i had ordered both lows and fogs from them, two different purchases. Took about a month or so for them to arrive but i didnt have any issues with them once installed. I did have to reverse the wiring into the ballast for the bulbs to work, but if you search on here, you will find that thats a common problem with their kits. I assume its because they just buy from China...
Actually, that is a problem with the Camaro since its wired backwards. All HID kits have the same problem with the Camaro since the wires in the Camaro connector are reversed. This doesn't matter for Halogen, but it does matter for HID.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:45 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

^^^ very interesting. I assumed since my friend had the exact same issue when we did HIDs in his truck, that it was the ballast.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

When I placed my order with DDM it just kept saying processing on their site forever. I finally got someone on the phone many days after and they said they didn't have the color I ordered and offered me a different one. An email could have easily got my order completed.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by VIP1
Actually, that is a problem with the Camaro since its wired backwards. All HID kits have the same problem with the Camaro since the wires in the Camaro connector are reversed. This doesn't matter for Halogen, but it does matter for HID.
I had to do the same on my dad's 2001 S10 and g/f's 2002 Camry
Old 04-08-2011, 04:36 PM
TECH Regular

I ordered a set last month for my silverado took. One weeks to get them and everything was good
Old 04-08-2011, 11:30 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 194 Likes on 163 Posts

Couldn't find my find my extra fog lamp, so ordered a new set from them (found it at my buddy's shop a few days later). Anyway, this set was drop shipped directly from China as opposed to the last set I ordered from them, which came from them in San Diego. Packaging, instructions, etc. were definitely of the minimalist sort this time, definite downgrade here, parts look similar ...

Quick Reply: DDM Tuning rumors true??