Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i hate to ask this

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 08:38 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i hate to ask this

im putting longtubes and a catback without cats on my corvette. i also had a mailorder tune but hasnt got here yet. this is the only day i have off work for the next couple weeks to get this done. my question is, will the car still be able to crank up without all the o2 sensor for a few days atleast until i get my tune on? i think it will but i came from a ford background and alot of chevy things have been different.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:44 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by firstls1vette
im putting longtubes and a catback without cats on my corvette. i also had a mailorder tune but hasnt got here yet. this is the only day i have off work for the next couple weeks to get this done. my question is, will the car still be able to crank up without all the o2 sensor for a few days atleast until i get my tune on? i think it will but i came from a ford background and alot of chevy things have been different.
It will run, but it will run rich as hell and throw codes. If you system doesnt have cats then run it all you want. If it DOES have cats then be easy on it, It can cook them and they are expensive as hell for a LEGIT cat.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:53 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its gonna have resonators on it i dont think that should be a problem though either
Old 04-06-2011, 12:14 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Run it...