Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Problem with Bazooka sail panel speaker

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 11:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with Bazooka sail panel speaker

I have a complete 2001 Pontiac Monsoon system. I contacted SparksAI and ordered a set of the DVC Bazooka's for each sail panel and installed them yesterday.
I clipped the factory harnesses off the old speakers. I then soldered the harness onto the new ones, reconnected the harnesses, drilled new holes with self tapping screws and was all set. The passenger side worked fine at first, then it started vibrating and not producing any bass almost like it blew. It did this for a short period of time, then started working properly again suddenly. I'm having the problem now again, so it appears to be intermittent. The driver side has been fine the entire time. What could be the cause?

Last edited by RedStreak; 04-02-2011 at 11:48 PM.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:31 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Check the wires and your soldering job. You may also switch the two speakers and see if the issue is with the speakers or something else in the system.
Old 04-03-2011, 04:08 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Swapped the other harness over to the troublesome speaker and the problem persist. I also tried swapping the speaker to the other side and the problem persist. It is a blown or defective speaker. Well, I'll start the warranty process and contact SparkAI for guidance. Hopefully I just got a lemon and Bazooka speakers are reliable.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:10 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bazooka 6.5" subs have always been bullet proof. I have only had about 2 come back out of several hundred.