Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Proper way to launch car?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2004, 03:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Question Proper way to launch car?

Track weather is coming up and I want some good times. I added the cam and longtubes this winter and bought some nitto drags as well. I was wondering what methods people use when leaving the line. I never got any lower than a 2.10 60ft. last year because I get too excited and keep my foot on the gas, spinning the tires. I can't help it. So what is the best way? Everyone tells me to "feather it" until the car gets traction but I can't tell so I basically just punch it and let off and punch it again.

On the other hand, I also need to know if I should even be going to the track this year with my stock ten-bolt. I have no money to get a new rear and with my new-found power and drag radials I am wondering if I should just keep it to street racing from a roll until I get the loot to be buy a rear. I know if I get a new rear I will have to get a new clutch and hydraulics too so now we're looking at about $3,000. Should I just go as a spectator?
Old 02-19-2004, 09:11 AM
"The Drag Racing Director"

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If this car is your daily driver I would be very careful at the track. M6 Hot Rods and 10 bolts don't go well together.

Coach