Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Does anyone make a jet/venturi pump?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 03:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Default Does anyone make a jet/venturi pump?

I am not talking about an in-tank pump with the small nipple on it. That's just a pressurized output that feeds the venturi system. I am building an in-tank system and want to buy a venturi "pump" that I can use in this system instead of trying to use the stock one that's integrated with the bucket. Any ideas?

Andy
Old 04-04-2011, 06:37 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Buy the Racetronix pump for a '99 up Camaro. It has the venturi nipple on it

I have them in stock.
Feel free to call if I can help.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you mean something like this?

http://www.demaeng.com/product.php?id=74&catid=28

we use them to inject soap into a pressure washer line. I think I had the same thought you did. I am going to try it this week.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:32 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Lonnies Performance
Buy the Racetronix pump for a '99 up Camaro. It has the venturi nipple on it

I have them in stock.
Feel free to call if I can help.

Not trying to be rude, but that's exactly what he said he didn't want.

I think I get what he's driving at though. He wants to run a bigger, or series of intake pumps. Like maybe the new aeromotive 340 stealth pump?

and build his own venturi system and custom fuel pump bucket to put it all in.

This would be a really slick set up, but I'm not sure if you'll have all the bits you need.

Is there any reason you can't scavenge the ventrui system out of a existing fuel sender? Or do you want something with more capacity?
Old 06-20-2011, 03:33 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by gregs78cam
Do you mean something like this?

http://www.demaeng.com/product.php?id=74&catid=28

we use them to inject soap into a pressure washer line. I think I had the same thought you did. I am going to try it this week.
I guess he could take this, feed pressure to what would normally see pressure, and then run the pick up down to the bottom of the tank, but I don't see how that will fill the fuel pump bucket...
Old 06-20-2011, 03:42 PM
Teching In

Ok I think I got it...

As long as he feeds pressure to that bit you posted Greg, and regulates it carefully, he can use what you used as the soap feed to scavange the bottom of his tank, and then that fuel and the fuel being used to suck it up would be dumped into the top of the fuel pump bucket... So his in tank pump is always submerged.

So make a custom sender with one big pump, or two equal size pumps or one big and one little pump (using the little one to run the venturi)

Regulate some pressurized flow to that venturi pump from the main feed of the main pump by using a fitting with a small orifice on it... then run the pick up to under the whole assembly (with it's own filter), then dump the output into the fuel bucket. done.

I wonder how much pressure you loose at the fuel rail though (probably not enough to notice)? Would it be better to just use a stock sender to feed a small fuel cell with a big pump attached that feeds the fuel rail?
Old 07-10-2011, 11:25 AM
Teching In

Well, I guess I should update this. I tried to use the dema venturi pump on the bench test, and although it did fill and over flow the "bucket" it just didn't do it quick enough. I would suggest going to your local pull-a-part and get a fuel bucket from a '93+ J body, i.e. Cavalier, Grand Am. I am currently using that to feed my Dual TBI 383. I think the pump is going TU though. You could probably just hack and pirate the venturi pump to use in your app.

Quick Reply: Does anyone make a jet/venturi pump?