Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Houston 2009 -2010 ctsv owners can you help?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 05:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Houston 2009 -2010 ctsv owners can you help?

hello all. I live in clear lake south of houston. Im needing to bring my car back to the Dealership to get my trans fixed. it is having 1st and 2nd gear shifting problems, it seems to surge and slip when under heavy load. ( full throttle ).

my problem is that i need to take it into the dealer ship and i dont have the stock exhaust for the car. I have the manifolds, cats, and mufflers dont have the mid pipe. mid pipe and mufflers are all one piece.

I was told by a few people that they will void my warranty on the car if i did any modifications. ( i dont want to take any chances )

Does anyone have a stock exhaust that i can rent from anyone? I would rather borrow but to get this going i would rent. or buy. please can anyone help?
Old 04-04-2011, 07:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

They can only void the warranty or not cover something if the part you modified/installed directly contributed to the problem....you'll be fine.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:12 PM
Teching In

well i can see where if thay wanted to be an a$$ about they could say " well you added more HP to the engine and that caused the tranz to blow up. I might have to take that risk if i cant find a stock exhaust. I dont want to take that risk but might have to.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:40 PM
Teching In

Have you found any mod friendly dealers?
Old 04-05-2011, 01:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RabbitCTSV
hello all. I live in clear lake south of houston. Im needing to bring my car back to the Dealership to get my trans fixed. it is having 1st and 2nd gear shifting problems, it seems to surge and slip when under heavy load. ( full throttle ).

my problem is that i need to take it into the dealer ship and i dont have the stock exhaust for the car. I have the manifolds, cats, and mufflers dont have the mid pipe. mid pipe and mufflers are all one piece.

I was told by a few people that they will void my warranty on the car if i did any modifications. ( i dont want to take any chances )

Does anyone have a stock exhaust that i can rent from anyone? I would rather borrow but to get this going i would rent. or buy. please can anyone help?
Talk to Domsz06. https://ls1tech.com/forums/member.php?u=135989
He messed up his engine and it was modify.
The engine was replaced under warranty.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:52 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Stone17
Talk to Domsz06. https://ls1tech.com/forums/member.php?u=135989
He messed up his engine and it was modify.
The engine was replaced under warranty.
I've been trying to help Rabbit out, I met him at the track. Issue is a bit different then mine. I too think he will be fine with the exhaust, it just depends on the dealer. I'm taking mine into a dealer tomorrow for transmission issue as well, if the dealer doesn't balk at the exhaust (new mid pipe) he will prob go to the same dealer I go to.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:08 PM
Teching In

well I have made a decision. I talked to mike a GForce and he came up with a good idea, rather than taking all the computers out and sending them out to re programed find and install stock exhaust, replace air cleaner with stock, and pay for all that to get done,Send it in to the dealership to get fixed and then reinstall it all back He came up with a good idea, get a tranz built from Circle D, Circle D in houston is the best at the 6l80e 6l90e 6 speed auto, They are going to build me a great tranz that will hold 600 rwhp all day and has been tested to 1000rwhp. It will cost me $1500 more than i was thinking it was going to cost me to get all the stock stuff uninstalled and re-installed. So im getting the strongest tranz money can buy and since im not going to high on the HP range then ill be ok. Im getting this head ache out of the way. so watch out. few weeks ill be at the drag strip in baytown testing it.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:45 AM
Teching In

I ended up have Circle D in houston build me a trans, Its a monster. Gforce ended up doing all kinds of mods to my car, thanks to GForce I have the fastest CTSV in the nation 9.79 sec At 144 mph. This is only news but wanted to update this tread.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:18 AM
TECH Veteran

Yeah yeah... Quit bragging and get ur *** back in town so we can hit up g-town homie... Lol
Old 07-30-2012, 11:56 AM
Staging Lane

wow....9.79 at 144 thats bookin it

Quick Reply: Houston 2009 -2010 ctsv owners can you help?