Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Help with front speakers

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 09:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with front speakers

So about a year ago my gf got me a nice pioneer head unit installed while my rear was getting worked on. I had installed. New front speakers a month before this. I cannot remember of they were working properly before the new head unit but it seems like they aren't getting enough power. They are much quieter than the back speakers where most of the sound is coming from. I took the door panels off rewired them but nothing still the sound is nothing like it should be? Do i need an amp to get more power to them or what?
Old 04-09-2011, 02:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I know this is a pretty basic question, but how did you set the front to rear fader position on the head unit?
Old 04-11-2011, 11:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

if i put the fader all the way to the front they are still quiet so something def isnt right
Old 04-12-2011, 07:21 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

Did you put the right component speakers in the doors? If not, how did you wire them? There are two pairs of wires in each door intended for separate tweeter and mid speakers. If you installed some kind of coaxial speakers, you may have mistakenly connected the tweeter wires to them instead of the mid wires. Or even worse, you may have connected both pairs to the one set of terminals on coaxial speakers.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks man i might have to take a look this weekend if its nice out.