LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Triple Edge Performance??

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 02:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Triple Edge Performance??

How much experience has everyone had with them?

I sent an email a few days ago with questions, called today and left my phone # and email, seems like theyre either that busy or they dont want my buisness.......i need answers from them asap or Ill just buy my trans parts elsewhere
Old 04-05-2011, 03:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have a TEP trans. that is about a yr. old and it still is as good as the day it went in. Dave at TEP knows his stuff too. Glad I went with them instead of the other competition. Give him a day or two, he'll reply.

-Mike
Old 04-05-2011, 03:25 PM
Teching In

Dave is just getting back today from a vacation. He will get a hold of you soon.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:40 PM
On The Tree

AHHHHH that explains it, woulda been better if hed left a message on his voicemail explaining that, no problem thanks for the info Im so happy with my car i just want piece of mind with this trans, I drive from Kenosha to Green bay WI every other weekend, and wont with this car for fear the trans will take a poop, my insurance will only tow 100 miles and GB is 159 miles
Old 04-05-2011, 04:45 PM
Teching In

Dave is awesome, you will be happy with the result if you have him build your transmission.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:53 PM
On The Tree

I know a local guy whose gonna rebuild mine for me, I need my car asap so I cant afford to wait for a trans to be shipped twice, just plan on ordering the kit from him
Old 04-05-2011, 05:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

make sure you get the valve body from him thats the part that all of our problems stem from he mods them so there will be no more issues
Old 04-05-2011, 05:14 PM
On The Tree

ill have to speak to him about that, I was under the impression that using the sonnax tcc relief and apply valves in the full kit would be good enough....
Old 04-05-2011, 05:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rvd9431
ill have to speak to him about that, I was under the impression that using the sonnax tcc relief and apply valves in the full kit would be good enough....
The valvebody is pre-assembled and I believe has some custom machine work, over and above the new parts.

And be patient with Dave. He's super busy, and from what I gather, seems to do all of the work himself. Keep trying and you'll get a hold of him.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:07 AM
On The Tree

well if thats the case, i might just save up for a TEP valve body and transgo shift kit and have the guy rebuildin my trans buy the rest of the parts from GM, hes a master trans tech for a chevy dealer and gets all parts at employee pricing through the dealer

My only goal is to rebuild this trans with better reliability and durability for everyday driving, I put a lot of miles on my cars, if the valve body is the only problem area then thats what I plan on replacing, I guess I can just wait to talk to Dave to see what hed recommend
Old 04-06-2011, 12:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well if thats the case, i might just save up for a TEP valve body and transgo shift kit and have the guy rebuildin my trans buy the rest of the parts from GM, hes a master trans tech for a chevy dealer and gets all parts at employee pricing through the dealer

My only goal is to rebuild this trans with better reliability and durability for everyday driving, I put a lot of miles on my cars, if the valve body is the only problem area then thats what I plan on replacing, I guess I can just wait to talk to Dave to see what hed recommend
its stupid cheap to ship a trans dave will ship one to me for $115 to vegas
Old 04-06-2011, 06:18 PM
12 Second Club

I would say...the experience Dave has with our tranny and the cost for shipment...you should make some patience man! This stuff cant be rushed...and I respect the fact that you want to go get it done by your guy over by you, but remember...there are some things the manual or a guy that follows it according to ASE that he will never touch compared to Dave...its not just nuts and bolts...sure he can put it all together...but, there are many tricks Dave uses he prides himself on...You wil get warranty under his hand too if there was anything to go wrong...

Think of Dave's tranny's like kids he sends out into the world...yeah, it's that deep LOL...bar none the best tranny man in the country when it comes to our bitches...IMO...and MANY OTHERS!
Old 04-06-2011, 07:24 PM
On The Tree

ya i finally got my email back from him, he advised me to pretty much just wait until its really acting up to rebuild, and its not that i dont have the patience to wait for one of his trannies, I only have one car and I use my car for work, i need it asap, me and my girlfriend can only share one car for so long before she gets pissed
Old 04-06-2011, 09:15 PM
12 Second Club

ya i finally got my email back from him, he advised me to pretty much just wait until its really acting up to rebuild, and its not that i dont have the patience to wait for one of his trannies, I only have one car and I use my car for work, i need it asap, me and my girlfriend can only share one car for so long before she gets pissed

OHHH...that's an all too familiar story bro! LMOA...I feel your pain man...

I borrowed a car while mine was down...I went and got a beater now LOL...Dave is in my backyard...about 2 hrs north of me....
Old 04-06-2011, 09:42 PM
On The Tree

ya im in chicago hes about 3 1/2 from me, i would just drop off my trans but i dont have a vehicle capable of doing that.....mite rent a truck to drop it off/pick it up if that were the case, but the guy who would be puttin my trans in for me doesnt like to sit on vehicles for long.......and I just bought this car so buying a beater is out right now as I need to save for the trans when it decides to go, plus i play paintball competitively which isnt cheap.......i hate money haha

Im just babying the **** outta the car right now until i have the funds for a rebuild/new trans, not even takin it close to 3K rpms haha or forcing a downshift to accel tryin to keep torque to a minimum
Old 04-06-2011, 09:49 PM
12 Second Club

ya im in chicago hes about 3 1/2 from me, i would just drop off my trans but i dont have a vehicle capable of doing that.....mite rent a truck to drop it off/pick it up if that were the case, but the guy who would be puttin my trans in for me doesnt like to sit on vehicles for long.......and I just bought this car so buying a beater is out right now as I need to save for the trans when it decides to go, plus i play paintball competitively which isnt cheap.......i hate money haha

Im just babying the **** outta the car right now until i have the funds for a rebuild/new trans, not even takin it close to 3K rpms haha or forcing a downshift to accel

I hate to love it and love to hate not having it...love to spend it...but hate to see it go...so its a love-hate for sure!! LOL

Yeah...thats only down side about TEP...they take some time...and he is the only one running the place...He just got into an actual shop...he was running everything out of his garage for the longest...he lives in a ranch house with 3 kids now...a younger child and two twin infant baby's...and with him trying to move to the shop and all...and he really takes time to send very detailed emails to be crystal clear and take time to address problems and customers...so he is very, very, very busy...and it does take him some time to get a trans done...but he is on point with the workmanship and service after purchase...
Old 04-06-2011, 09:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

haha im in the process of borrowing the gf's car right now...
getting new lifters,valve covers, and alternator in....
taking forever
im at 85,000 miles and i just have this gut feeling my trans is gonna give out not long after i get it back...
Old 04-06-2011, 09:54 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by gxp-miller-gxp
haha im in the process of borrowing the gf's car right now...
getting new lifters,valve covers, and alternator in....
taking forever
im at 85,000 miles and i just have this gut feeling my trans is gonna give out not long after i get it back...
hope for the worse and expect nothing but the absolute worse LOL sorry...is it ticking yet? LMAO...J/K

DEATH TO THE TRANNY

join that list up top of the page LOL...maybe they will get something figured out here...i sure hope so...Thats ok..I took a fully built TEP tranny to the same limits you guys are at on stockers...just cause of the power levels and not having a 1" GM racing chain set...Im already over the 450whp rating of the 7/8 LOL so now i feel you guys too!! AGAIN!! WITH A DANMED BUILT TRANNY! im trying to get 550 to the wheels...so I hope it holds LOL
Old 04-07-2011, 08:04 AM
On The Tree

ya unfortunately time is not on my side to have TEP build me a trans although that would be what I would prefer, when it goes ill probably have the guy rebuilding it for me get all the soft parts he needs through the gm dealer at his cost and ill just buy a TEP valve body and channel plate
Old 11-28-2015, 02:18 PM
Teching In

Default tep transmission.

I have only read great things about dave. I ordered a new rebuilt of mine. Can't wait to get it back. Hopefully it's 2 weeks and not 3.

Quick Reply: Triple Edge Performance??