Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

CTS-V Car Audio Help Needed BADLY

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 05:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CTS-V Car Audio Help Needed BADLY

Hey guys,

I'm at the stereo shop right now. We're putting in a new Sony Nav double din head unit, a sub amp, subs, a 4 channel, and some components. The adaptor that they have gotten for the car apparently will cause me to lose all Class 2 data. What all is this? Anyone know? If it's just OnStar, that's great. I just don't need to be having any big issues. Any and all help is VERY appreciated. Especially expert RAPID help!

Oh, it's an '04 CTS-V.

Thanks,

Jared
Old 04-06-2011, 07:53 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry this is a day late.
There are 2 different harness adapters for that car. Both Peripheral and PAC make them. I don't understand why they are using that adapter because there is another one that enables you to keep all functions. The door chime, Onstar and 12 volt accessory/ RAP functions are all integrated with that head unit so you need the adapter that keeps all that in place. It is more expensive then the regular adapter but worth it.
If the car didn't have Onstar then they would use the adapter they are trying to use with your car. Like I said there are 2 one for Onstar and one without.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:21 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

You need the O2-2C-CTS

this will keep the chime module and the Onstar

PAC and Peripheral is now one company
Old 04-07-2011, 09:22 AM
On The Tree

Guys,

Thank you SO MUCH. I just left without them finishing the job because I didn't know. However, I have trolled and searched through all of the forums, and can't find an answer to this question: Will I still be able to turn Competitive Mode on? I have found many answers to both "Yes" and "No". You guys seem to be pros. I need a real answer.

I will be tracking this car a lot, and really have to be able to turn off all the nannies that I can. I don't care if it doesn't tell me on the screen that it's on. I just need to be able to turn the nannies off. There's also a TC button in the glove box. Does this turn everything off, or just put it in a lesser-nannified state? And will that button do the trick if I have the aftermarket radio with the correct harness?

Thanks so so much, fellas.

Jared
Old 04-15-2011, 10:21 PM
On The Tree

K fellas. I installed a Sony head unit (don't remember which one, but retail is a bit over a grand) with the PAC module today. I also installed Infinity speakers in the doors (6.5" Kappas in the front, 5.25" Reference in the rear) with an Orion Cobalt 6004 amp (which isn't hooked up yet because I didn't get all the wire run) and a JL 1000/1 amp on 2 Orion XTR-Pro10 2 ohm DVC subs. Everything is working well, except one, the real topic of this forum.

I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to turn traction control OFF. Well, here's the definitive answer to this "much guessed at on this forum" question:

If you do this, you will have NO traction control. That's right. You're on your own. I did a U-turn and got on the throttle too heavy, and immediately got perpendicular. It has no computer aid at all and I can't do anything about it. It'd be fine with me (well, 90% fine) if it weren't for the fact that my wife will occasionally drive this car. Hmmm... Anyway to override this? To wire in a switch, even?
Old 04-16-2011, 07:24 AM
Launching!

follow this mod your stock radio, youll keep everything working

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answe...dic/index.html
Old 04-16-2011, 07:52 AM
On The Tree

Thanks for that. I'll read it over, but I think I'm past that stage. I'll post up pics asap.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:18 PM
On The Tree

As I said, I'll be posting up pics soon. The car has been in the shop for a long time (clutch, flywheel, DSS axles, new diff, etc). But now I have it back, and it SEEMS that my traction control is working perfectly. I might not have a Comp Mode... don't know. But it goes on and off just fine.

Quick Reply: CTS-V Car Audio Help Needed BADLY