Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

noob question oil pan

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 06:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default noob question oil pan

Hi guys, I bought my ls3 engine but let the guy keep the pan and pick up since I need an ls1 f body to fit my car. Anyways my question is do these motors have a baffle stock looking at the ls1 oil pan I picked up there is mounting spots in the oil pan but I cant find anything but after market one. I have the pick up tube and windage tray and oil pan gasket, and before I throw it all together I wanted to make sure.

Thanks for any help.

-Chance
Old 04-06-2011, 08:09 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to LS1tech.

I'm not sure I understand the question, but there is indeed supposed to be a large steel baffle inside the stock LS1 pan. Also, don't forget to make sure there is clearance between the rotating assembly and the windage tray, sometimes the tray needs to be shimmed,
Old 04-06-2011, 08:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ShevrolayZ28
Welcome to LS1tech.

I'm not sure I understand the question, but there is indeed supposed to be a large steel baffle inside the stock LS1 pan. Also, don't forget to make sure there is clearance between the rotating assembly and the windage tray, sometimes the tray needs to be shimmed,
OK thanks, Sorry my post was kind of confusing(had to type it fast at work).
I am using the ls3's windage tray so I should be fine just running a ls1 oil pan. I called gm and ordered the baffle. Man it is a pain trying to figure out everything missing when I didnt take it apart, thanks again.

-Chance