LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Stupid tranny

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 07:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stupid tranny

Well I guess I'm about to join the failed trannies list on my 08 GXP. that's if the dealer can find what's wrong. So I am turning to you guys for some help. I don't have a lot of time to read all the posts on here about the topic.

What it's doing is in manual drive there is a ticking sound,but when I shift into drive it goes away. Also in second it shudders when I shift into second. which I'm guessing is from the weak 2nd gear cluth packs. then when I drive in auto it's not down shifting into first at a stop light and when I start to go the RPM's have to climb up and then it slams into gear like I got rearended. I have seen these isssues in the stcky but haven't seen to much as to what what is causing these? besides the second gear clutch and the pressure valve on the TC. The dealer is just trouble shooting cause they have no clue and it's the only dealer around here.

They are going to pressure test it tomorrow, but I want my car back. the rental sucks but I am glad to have it to drive.

Thanks for the help amd I plan on calling in and adding my name to the GM hotline and NHTSA Complaint Line
Old 04-06-2011, 09:19 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mikzgp
Well I guess I'm about to join the failed trannies list on my 08 GXP. that's if the dealer can find what's wrong. So I am turning to you guys for some help. I don't have a lot of time to read all the posts on here about the topic.

What it's doing is in manual drive there is a ticking sound,but when I shift into drive it goes away. Also in second it shudders when I shift into second. which I'm guessing is from the weak 2nd gear cluth packs. then when I drive in auto it's not down shifting into first at a stop light and when I start to go the RPM's have to climb up and then it slams into gear like I got rearended. I have seen these isssues in the stcky but haven't seen to much as to what what is causing these? besides the second gear clutch and the pressure valve on the TC. The dealer is just trouble shooting cause they have no clue and it's the only dealer around here.

They are going to pressure test it tomorrow, but I want my car back. the rental sucks but I am glad to have it to drive.

Thanks for the help amd I plan on calling in and adding my name to the GM hotline and NHTSA Complaint Line
http://tripleedgeperformance.com/

they have a drop down menu for 4t65e problems...check that and get back to us...
Old 04-08-2011, 08:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I notice the ticking sound when in manual mode
Old 04-09-2011, 07:48 PM
On The Tree

no wonder people blow these tranny's you put it in manual...import guys use this trans when they're makeing 800hp...
Old 04-10-2011, 02:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GXPmattyjGXP
no wonder people blow these tranny's you put it in manual...import guys use this trans when they're makeing 800hp...
import guys have all the fun
Old 04-10-2011, 03:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Panther427
import guys have all the fun
Man i should have bought an "IMPORT"
Old 04-10-2011, 07:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Give Dave @ TEP a call and see what he says about your symptoms.

Oh, and I added you to the "failing soon" list.