LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

My races since I got the LS4, 10/09

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 03:15 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My races since I got the LS4, 10/09

Posting from iPhone so please bear with me. It's late and I'm bored and got in another race yesterday so I figured I'd post the ones I remember.

Mind you I live in Northern WI and a small area. I take what I can get.

-1998 Civic Hatch, buddy's car and he only lost by 2-3 cars from me babying a launch to 70-80 (ME: stock/HIM: gutted,b18,intake-exhaust)
-2008 VW Golf R32, pulled hard after 30mph, 3-4 cars by 70ish, (stock on heavy winter rims and tires/stock)
-1995ish VW Golf, pulled 4-5 cars from 50-100 (k&n drop in/swapped vr6, modded)
-2006 300c rwd 5.7, tried leaving me from a light, couldn't shake me and I was able to walk slowly passed him.
-Some v8 third gen camaro in crappy shape. I just wanted to put this hillbilly looking 'badass' down, so I did.
-A handful of stock to moderately modded trucks, V8s and turbo diesels. (ugh I just can't let a race go haha)

Most Recent: Was headed back to work from lunch. Came up behind a third gen bird. Definitely a V8. My eyesight without my contacts is poor when discerning details, but I knew. I got my hopes up think I'd get some action since the road ahead was highway.

Well light goes green and he takes off briskly and I stay absolutely locked about a car behind, so as not to be an ***. Then I slowly pull up next to him on his right and his girl (not attractive) waved and smiled since I think she already knew there would be a race.

Now unless he's like us, he didn't know I was an SS at the stop light, and he probably couldn't see the badge from his point of view. I also still have my dorky steel and hubcapped rims on, so maybe he thought I was a V6. Who knows.

Anyway, I stayed next to him and waited. And waited. So I goosed it. He slowed down, maybe for a lower roll idk but there was rear traffic so I didn't. I expected a fly by, however he came back up next to me and paced for a few seconds and then put it to the floor. Must have been an auto because once I heard it downshifting I floored it, 2nd gear wound out, third gear roars along, and I let off around 100.

But oh wait? Where did the Bird go? A bus or two lengths behind, lol. He stayed about there until I turned into work.

Poor guy. I'll admit it was clean and sounded good.

Oh well, maybe now his fat ugly g/f will make his life easier (and the hinges on his fridge rejoice) when she dumps him for the first guy she sees with an Impala only to find out it's a six cylinder AND the guy is really not a doctor/lawyer/executive or even employed unlike his poor grammar personal ad suggested.

You are now done reading about a completely lame race, but it's all I ever get around here.

Dan

Last edited by hurley_21_07; 04-10-2011 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Fixed wording, iPhone AutoIncorrections
Old 04-10-2011, 02:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Lol at least you try and make the best of it. I'm kinda on the same boat but I get all the imports and Hondas.
Old 04-10-2011, 03:02 PM
On The Tree

Almost had an 06 civic si today, but he buzzed ahead over the limit and weaved and wouldn't slow down. Nowadays I just say screw it if he doesn't wanna line up.
Old 04-10-2011, 04:25 PM
Teching In

Haha. I get lots of races here in Dallas. Everyone thinks its a slow grandpa car. But how wrong they are. Gotta say one of my best was either the silverado or mustang I raced.
Old 04-10-2011, 04:52 PM
On The Tree

I can't believe I forgot about the '10 Camaro V6. I was stock, I think he was too. A 40, 50, and 15 roll. I had a 180lb passenger as well.

40 roll he jumped ahead a car and I pulled it back and maybe a half car by 70.
50 roll we hit it even, I walked from him, bout 3-3.5 cars by 100.
15 roll we had turned around at the same place and both hit it in first, I pulled a car maybe a little more, I hit second as he was halfway through his and he got his rear bumper to my mirror, after that I started creeping, then walking passed him and shut down a car ahead around 70-80 idk was watching for cops.

To give you an idea this was with two random misfires from plug wires, a passenger, old plugs, before k&n and diablo/lew and 115k miles. Take that as you may.
Old 04-10-2011, 05:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by my08impalass
Everyone thinks its a slow grandpa car. But how wrong they are.
How true! I stopped by a car meet last night and when I left, very quietly, a 4th gen SS followed me out to the main road. Once we got out on the main road (3 lanes with light traffic) the SS pulled up to me and started revving and jumping out about 2/3 cars and then would slow down and do it all over again. I gave him a thumbs up and pointed towards the local well know spot to discuss this matter further. Well on our way there the opportunity presented itself so I returned the favor and did a "jump out", he looked like a dive bomber as he quickly jumped off onto a side road. Thats what it is like around here.