Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Start a list of all 6.5 inch Woofers.

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2004, 07:17 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Start a list of all 6.5 inch Woofers.

Lets start a list of all the 6.5 inch sub woofers since that market is closing, and I need to find some. Rockford Fosgate has discontinued theirs, and you can't find the JLs anywhere. So start a list of price, product, and how you like it.

Rockford Fosgate Punch HE RPF 4406?
JL 6w0s

Kevin.
Old 02-20-2004, 09:51 AM
TECH Resident

I'd hardly consider 6" speakers "subwoofers."

But I would look for speakers from www.partsexpress.com companies like Vifa, Dayton, and Audax almost always offer better stuff then mainstream.
Old 02-20-2004, 02:53 PM
TECH Veteran

Subwoofer is a relative term it is not frequency specific. If your looking at 6 1/2" subs I assume you are going to put them in the middle speaker panels where the factory subs are. You need to make sure they are subs that can operate in a infinite baffle enclosure. Because those panels are not sealed. The JL 6 1/2" subs are not recommend for infinite baffle enclosures and will blow up.

As quoted from JL Audio's Website
"The 6W0 opens up a world of custom installation possibilities. This small driver is a true subwoofer with excellent low-frequency extension in very small enclosures. The 6W0 is small enough to be integrated under dashboards, inside custom consoles and in many other applications only limited by your imagination. It is not intended as an infinite-baffle speaker (our XR650-CW component woofer is better suited for that application.)"
Old 02-20-2004, 06:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Kicker has the RMB 6 I hear
Old 02-21-2004, 10:37 PM
TECH Resident

Wonder if you can build some sort of custom box for a 6.5" to fit in that area...it looks like there is enough room...its just making the box and getting it in there
Old 02-22-2004, 11:02 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by SidewayzOZ
Wonder if you can build some sort of custom box for a 6.5" to fit in that area...it looks like there is enough room...its just making the box and getting it in there
You can fiberglass it in. Ive done it before. But it takes awhile.
Old 02-22-2004, 02:46 PM
TECH Resident

Awesome...what kind of subs did you use and how did it sound? Im starting to consider new ideas as the summer approaches and my ttop storage area is still blocked.
Old 02-22-2004, 03:16 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by SidewayzOZ
Awesome...what kind of subs did you use and how did it sound? Im starting to consider new ideas as the summer approaches and my ttop storage area is still blocked.
JL 6W0s. It sounded ok I prefer to fiberglass 6W0s into the doors and move the door speakers into kickpanels. That matched with 2 twelves in the back really sounded nice and clean. And the kick drums sounded amazing.
Old 02-22-2004, 04:59 PM
Teching In

Default Stock Subwoofers

I was thinking of replacing my stock subs and then came across the Infinity Basslink powered sub. After a pretty easy install (about an hour and a half)
I was thoroughly impressed by the sound. It was like the way I had imagined the stock system should of sounded. Now my stock subs are just filler sound and barely get pushed. Just thought I would throw this oooout there as an alternative. My stereo rocks now!
Old 02-22-2004, 05:39 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by WS62GO
I was thinking of replacing my stock subs and then came across the Infinity Basslink powered sub. After a pretty easy install (about an hour and a half)
I was thoroughly impressed by the sound. It was like the way I had imagined the stock system should of sounded. Now my stock subs are just filler sound and barely get pushed. Just thought I would throw this oooout there as an alternative. My stereo rocks now!
Be careful with turning up the bass on those things. I cant count how many times people had us look at theirs because they sounded like crap because people keep blowing them up. Thank god we didnt sell Infinity.
Old 02-22-2004, 05:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by maddboost
Be careful with turning up the bass on those things. I cant count how many times people had us look at theirs because they sounded like crap because people keep blowing them up. Thank god we didnt sell Infinity.

Yeah I know all mass produced stuff is crap, but I was being lazy and for 250 bucks , who cares. It is still the stock stereo system!
Old 02-22-2004, 08:32 PM
Teching In

Default Kickers?

Has anyone tried the kickers? I'm thinking of buying them since they're the only thing I've been able to find. What kind of quality can I expect out of them?
Old 02-22-2004, 11:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I ran the rmb 8"s in my doors, & in the sail panels. They tried to make a good speaker, but they didn't. With all of the focus on 6"s, I've had rockford 8" xlc woofers, in the sail panels, they sounded okay. But now I have mbquart 8"s in the sail panels, & they sound perfect as mid-bass speakers. They also work great as mids in the doors too. either way, you can do a little cutting, and easily get a mid-sized 8" speaker in there