Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need exhaust help...

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 04:04 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need exhaust help...

Im looking at getting pacesetter lt and i want to run cut outs on them for the track... now heres the problem i cant seem to figure out... i want to run a catted system due to the fact im military and want to remain legal should i move to a state that checks all this... how can i run the lts to cutouts before the cats on the y?

also with this im looking at running the slp lm 2 system... do i need to weld or can i just do it all bolt up? would i see any difference in welds?
Old 04-15-2011, 04:57 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow your willing to move to another state to do this mod?lol.you could always run them before the cats,it might be a better idea to have a custom y pipe made ,I never had a catted y but I don't see this beeing hard to do.thanks for all you do for this country,we all thank you
Old 04-15-2011, 05:30 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol no im active duty so if i get stationed somewhere they check cats etc... would it make any sense to run a ory with a cat in the intermediate?

how much do you think i would be looking at spending on a custom y?

sorry im still a noob lol
Old 04-15-2011, 07:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i wouldnt bother about it. cats wont lose you hp..it will make your car sounds better. if i had to do it again id go catted. running a cat in the I pipe is going to clog it due to no enough heat for it to operate correct.
Old 04-15-2011, 07:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
Wow your willing to move to another state to do this mod?lol.you could always run them before the cats,it might be a better idea to have a custom y pipe made ,I never had a catted y but I don't see this beeing hard to do.thanks for all you do for this country,we all thank you
The only problem with running a cut out before the cats is it will cause the engine light to come on.

Originally Posted by omarrakeen
i wouldnt bother about it. cats wont lose you hp..it will make your car sounds better. if i had to do it again id go catted. running a cat in the I pipe is going to clog it due to no enough heat for it to operate correct.
The cats do hold back alot of the bad sounds such as crackling and poping, especially on a set up with no muffler like gmmg or the lm. You do lose alittle power though. Nothing anyone would notice.
Old 04-16-2011, 02:49 PM
TECH Addict

^ it is will worth the 1-2 hp loss imo
Old 04-16-2011, 02:52 PM
11 Second Club

Why don't you get removable cats and removable cut outs. So you can have the cats in and when you want to go to the track just undo the clamps and hook up the cut outsIn their place