Sponsored by:

NEW B Question - New headers / EGR/AIR - Intak Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 09:46 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW B Question - New headers / EGR/AIR - Intak Question

All,

I am about to make the first major mod on the Z - and am going to pull the trigger on a set of Headers & Y-Pipe this weekend. I am either getting Kooks or American Racing Headers. With that said, i have decided to keep my EGR/AIR on the car only because if i ever decided to sell it, i want the car to be able to be returned to its original state (9,917 miles on it). Anyway, i am obviously going to purchase the AIR/EGR style headers.

My question would be more towards the future. At some point i will be putting a new intake manifold on the car as well. With that said, if i go with a LS6/BBK/FAST intake, do these manifolds allow for the AIR/EGR? My worry is that these intakes do not allow for this. I dont want to buy headers, then in two years decided to replace the intake manifold and find out the aftermarket intakes do not allow for AIR/EGR and i have to remove it. Then i start all over again with the headers.

Any input on this would be great.

Thanks,
Derek
Old 04-16-2011, 10:01 AM
Teching In

I have the kooks headders with a BBK intake manifold. The kooks are GREAT!!! The BBK does have the hook up for the air/egr on the manifold and it also comes with an o-ring and delet plate incase you decide to get rid of it or have 01-02 that does not have it feeding into the front of the manifold. Only issue is with the BBK the SSI is made out of metal so it does heat up which in turn makes the air warmer. The only reason i went with it was it came in a polished finish and still added some hp.
Old 04-17-2011, 01:15 AM
10 Second Club

If I am not mistaken, most if not all companies that offer intakes offer with egr provisions. Just fyi, it cost a lot more for the egr tho.