04-16-2011, 11:34 AM
mods are..

nitto 555R's
whipple
SLP mufflers

NicD tune 91 oct.

1.82 60ft
11.90 @ 117

Car is getting long tubes on tuesday and will be back at the track next weekend!

The thing that amazes me is how cool the whipple stays! after multiple back to back runs you can put your hand on top of the blower and put your fingers in the s/c coolant reservoir and its luke warm :D

kinglt-1
04-16-2011, 01:24 PM
not bad...what size pulley?

silvrsvt
04-16-2011, 07:33 PM
stock pulley from whipple

ran a couple 12.2x's today in 90+ degree weather and won the quick 16 shootout race at the camaro5 fest :D

also picked up a roto fab CAI, that along with the headers and some decent air I think the car will get the boot!

sweetC5
04-17-2011, 08:47 PM
Nice man, after the Lt's and a retune I bet you get some mid 11s!

kinglt-1
04-18-2011, 02:36 PM
Agreed, the longtubes and tune will wake it up!! wish I could bolt a whipple up to mine without hacking the car up! Thats the one thing that really makes the 5th gen nice...room in the engine bay lol!!

navyblueSS
04-19-2011, 12:59 AM
Nice, I want a Whipple bad.

silvrsvt
04-29-2011, 05:06 PM
just got back from dyno...

91oct, 85 degrees

mods are

Whipple (stock pulley)
Roto fab intake
Longtubes
SLP mufflers
nitto 555R's

502rwhp 498ftlbs

Hopefully we can make it to the track this weekend.

also the car makes 400ftlbs at 2k rpms :D

1990LSx
04-29-2011, 05:30 PM
You have to love a whipple! I would choose a whipple over a maggie anyday!

ohioborn80
04-30-2011, 09:50 PM
supercharger and still only high 11s..wow that is so disappointing...

Camaro fail.

Patrick G
05-04-2011, 05:15 PM

Camaro fail.You should know. You owned an 11 second G8 and now a high 10 second NA Mustang.

To the OP, good numbers. Work on the launch and get that 60' time down. You should see some low 11s with some refining.

MYSTIC-1SC
05-04-2011, 05:17 PM
Congrats on the times.

ohioborn80
05-04-2011, 06:44 PM
You should know. You owned an 11 second G8 and now a high 10 second NA Mustang.

To the OP, good numbers. Work on the launch and get that 60' time down. You should see some low 11s with some refining.

SHit i been caught....Im stopping giving them a hard time..I am trying to talk the wife into buying another car for you to do your magic on..But this one be hers..

Is this a manual or auto car? Think get some lighter rims and cut 60 down you can get it low 11s easy.

ohioborn80
05-04-2011, 07:01 PM
OP you should have Pat tuning this thing for you also.

Devilish34
05-04-2011, 07:21 PM
You should know. You owned an 11 second G8 and now a high 10 second NA Mustang.

Did he ever get a 11 out of it?

ohioborn80
05-04-2011, 08:30 PM
Did he ever get a 11 out of it?

No actually i didnt...Never got clean pass on big spray,..best was a low 7 in 1/8 on street tires while in KY.

ad mustang dont run 10s..it will be lower 11s.

silvrsvt
05-18-2011, 12:51 PM
Sorry for the wait guys, I went back to the track with the new intake and longtubes here are the results...

2010 Camaro SS auto

mods are

-Whipple 2.9
-Rotofab CAI
-Long tubes
-SLP catback
-275/40-20 nitto 555r's

went 11.52 @123 on a 1.87 60ft

this was after 2 back to back runs with no cool down, and my first and only pass with the blower (boss's car)

I think with a little more seat time, proper tire pressure, and a good cool down it will go 11.20's-11.30's no problem.

Considering this car was running mid 13's a couple months ago I dont think its doing to bad now

Pro Stock John
05-18-2011, 08:53 PM
Now you're cooking!

ohioborn80
05-19-2011, 06:54 AM
Sorry for the wait guys, I went back to the track with the new intake and longtubes here are the results...

2010 Camaro SS auto

mods are

-Whipple 2.9
-Rotofab CAI
-Long tubes
-SLP catback
-275/40-20 nitto 555r's

went 11.52 @123 on a 1.87 60ft

this was after 2 back to back runs with no cool down, and my first and only pass with the blower (boss's car)

I think with a little more seat time, proper tire pressure, and a good cool down it will go 11.20's-11.30's no problem.

Considering this car was running mid 13's a couple months ago I dont think its doing to bad now
Need to work on getting the 60ft down. I would be investing in a stall.

Huggerorange73
05-19-2011, 09:01 PM

Camaro fail.

You're one of the biggest assholes I've ever seen on any forum anywhere.

10.99 @ 125 a fail you asswipe?

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116381

Why don't you go find a fucking Ford forum to troll you uninformed moron.

ohioborn80
05-20-2011, 07:18 AM
You're one of the biggest assholes I've ever seen on any forum anywhere.

10.99 @ 125 a fail you asswipe?

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116381

Why don't you go find a fucking Ford forum to troll you uninformed moron.

WOW you found one that went 10.99...haha..With a bunch of other bolt ons..Hmmm you fail.

here how about i show you why high 11s is fail. 5.0s have went low-mid 10s with just supercharger and simple stuff like x pipe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_LI816xU7o&feature
http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php/175435-Procharged-Auto-10.46-130

So youAgian fail providing a time N/A 5.0s have reached...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADx2kpL9dDA

ohioborn80
05-20-2011, 07:26 AM
I was also impressed he was able to drop his time from 11.9 down to 11.5. Stall and more seat time he should be able to hit low 11s high 10s.

familycaronROIDS!
05-20-2011, 07:31 AM

Camaro fail.

You guys racing at the same track? same air? Just wondering?

silvrsvt
05-20-2011, 06:21 PM
just for the record it was my first and ONLY pass in the car since the whipple was installed..

ohioborn80
05-21-2011, 05:29 AM
You guys racing at the same track? same air? Just wondering?

Nope..Either way some people made sound like that was just amazing..it simply isn't.

ohioborn80
05-21-2011, 06:20 AM
just for the record it was my first and ONLY pass in the car since the whipple was installed..

That is nice you was able to drop almost half second off your time.

fiveoh
05-21-2011, 07:46 AM
Nice improvement OP, looks like the longtubes definately helped.

scottywheels
05-23-2011, 05:04 AM
Def needs a convertor...I'll update the fastest times list to include you. Can u post a time slip

SRTKLLR
05-23-2011, 01:08 PM
WOW you found one that went 10.99...haha..With a bunch of other bolt ons..Hmmm you fail.

here how about i show you why high 11s is fail. 5.0s have went low-mid 10s with just supercharger and simple stuff like x pipe.

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php/175435-Procharged-Auto-10.46-130

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADx2kpL9dDAHere is another one with less bolt-ons.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72150&highlight=adam

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114886&highlight=adam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NNAvPbRXaA&feature=player_embedded

ohioborn80
05-23-2011, 06:51 PM
Here is another one with less bolt-ons.

You are trying to prove the camaro's worth huh..lol

You did notice the one that went 10.99 was N/A

And other one was 10.0...with basically having nothing but SC and tires..stock stock suspension

jasycz28
05-23-2011, 09:38 PM
You are trying to prove the camaro's worth huh..lol

You did notice the one that went 10.99 was N/A

And other one was 10.0...with basically having nothing but SC and tires..stock stock suspension

And at the end of the day it's still a Mustang...:bang:

Just kidding I like any car that is badass.

Never Satisfied
05-24-2011, 07:51 AM
First of all, nice numbers silvrsvt.

You know, it's funny...I have been on both sides of the debate. I've owned two Camaro’s and two Mustangs previously. The first Mustang was a heads/cam/blower car and it was a lot of fun. In fact, I would still have it if it hadn't been stolen and stripped. The second Stang was a naturally aspirated max build car that was a lot of fun too. Had a guy who wanted to trade me some cash and his big block ‘70 Chevelle for it. It’s not every day a deal like that comes along, so I had to go for it. I really liked both and would like to have another someday. I can honestly say I even like the new Mustangs, but what I don’t like are a lot of their prick owners. For some reason in all my encounters, no matter what I’ve owned, I’ve found the majority of Mustang owners are cocky….my dick is bigger than yours types. Not real sure why that is, but it’s just been my personal experience.

Dark SS
05-24-2011, 12:14 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADx2kpL9dDA

So which one was your car?? If all of you ass hats are on all the camaro sites then who posts on ford sites? It seems you all circle jerk the 5.0 then decide to post up all over the net and try to get every one to feed into your bullshit. All these "fast" 5.0's are completely gutted with slicks and suspension work.

ohioborn80
05-24-2011, 03:37 PM
So which one was your car?? If all of you ass hats are on all the camaro sites then who posts on ford sites? It seems you all circle jerk the 5.0 then decide to post up all over the net and try to get every one to feed into your bullshit. All these "fast" 5.0's are completely gutted with slicks and suspension work.

I will post video of my car..Not scarred. WIth mods now havent ran it yet.
1st video is nothing but tires added. We got loud just to rub it in to the 5th Gen that was next to us talking shit earlier. He had Headers, cold air, tune, 3.73 gears, DR's and ran a 12.7..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVexXKJvQ_E

Second video is cold air, tune, 4.10 gears and also where my tranny went out. You can hear it at end video not go into gear. Lost synchro and ford replaced it under warranty.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwfAv33Tavg

I will get a run with my new bolt ons July 9th when I return from Iraq. WIll it be a great run. Nope..DA will be +3500 or more with teh great 100+ texas heat.

So what did your car run Dark SS and with what mods?

ohioborn80
05-24-2011, 03:42 PM
First of all, nice numbers silvrsvt.

You know, it's funny...I have been on both sides of the debate. I've owned two Camaroís and two Mustangs previously. The first Mustang was a heads/cam/blower car and it was a lot of fun. In fact, I would still have it if it hadn't been stolen and stripped. The second Stang was a naturally aspirated max build car that was a lot of fun too. Had a guy who wanted to trade me some cash and his big block Ď70 Chevelle for it. Itís not every day a deal like that comes along, so I had to go for it. I really liked both and would like to have another someday. I can honestly say I even like the new Mustangs, but what I donít like are a lot of their prick owners. For some reason in all my encounters, no matter what Iíve owned, Iíve found the majority of Mustang owners are cockyÖ.my dick is bigger than yours types. Not real sure why that is, but itís just been my personal experience.
What is funny around where i am the Camaro drivers are the pricks. Then the SRT8 guys are even worse. Most the mustang guys are pretty cool. The vette guys are cooler then the Camaro guys.

726.0chevelle
05-24-2011, 09:09 PM
silvrsvt good times man. I still cant figure out why someone replies to threads just to talk crap the title was times of whipple camaro not who knows of a faster car let me know. Sooooo let me get this straight ohioborne you came on here talking crap about this guys car running 11s and you post vids of yours and its puking trannies at high 12s thats something to hang your hat on lololol

Midnight02
05-25-2011, 10:41 AM
To the OP -- nice work. It's a quality set of mods and with good track conditions and some more seat time you should be able to put up even better numbers.

What I just don't get is why people feel the need to be a complete dick for no good reason. It would be amusing to some (and a complete dick move) to take "ohioborn80's" video of the tranny crapping out on a 12 second car and just title the thread as "5.0 Fail", however that's a waste of everyone's time. The reality is that the new Mustang is a nice car, runs well and the tranny issue is just an unfortunate incident. Can't think of much positive from a thread that goes in any direction different than that.

The OP didn't in any way try to compare the performance of his car to anything else other than the clock. Who gives a rats ass what a new Mustang, a new Camaro SS, a Ford F-150, a cheetah or anything else runs.

ohioborn80
05-25-2011, 11:14 AM
silvrsvt good times man. I still cant figure out why someone replies to threads just to talk crap the title was times of whipple camaro not who knows of a faster car let me know. Sooooo let me get this straight ohioborne you came on here talking crap about this guys car running 11s and you post vids of yours and its puking trannies at high 12s thats something to hang your hat on lololol

Who ran a high 12? I ran an 11 with a lot less done then him. And i will match his time in a month with bolt ons and in DA of +3000.

Also yep had tranny issues. And? Ford fixed it. Wait i remember Camaro's having tranny issues also. They had to stop production on them even.

ohioborn80
05-25-2011, 11:19 AM
To the OP -- nice work. It's a quality set of mods and with good track conditions and some more seat time you should be able to put up even better numbers.

What I just don't get is why people feel the need to be a complete dick for no good reason. It would be amusing to some (and a complete dick move) to take "ohioborn80's" video of the tranny crapping out on a 12 second car and just title the thread as "5.0 Fail", however that's a waste of everyone's time. The reality is that the new Mustang is a nice car, runs well and the tranny issue is just an unfortunate incident. Can't think of much positive from a thread that goes in any direction different than that.

The OP didn't in any way try to compare the performance of his car to anything else other than the clock. Who gives a rats ass what a new Mustang, a new Camaro SS, a Ford F-150, a cheetah or anything else runs.

As mentioned and can see in video where you get 12..it ran a 11.88. Also ford fixed it.

Also as mentioned but you may not remember Camaro having tranny issues. They had to stop production for a minute. Also not to mention the few i seen leaking oil at dealers having to be worked on before sold. Or all the G8's that had issues with leaking rear seals, ball joints, steering wheel shake.

sweetC5
05-25-2011, 11:47 AM
Are you kidding me, you messing up another 5th gen thread with your stang crap! That is so sad man, cant a guy just be happy with his car and the fun he is having without some douch bag trying to bring him down! You really need a life man... nobody gives a rates ass about what your talking about. Your car runs what it runs and good for you, my oldsmobile would have wiped the floor with your ass... but do I care, not one bit, because its not like there arent a million other cars faster then mine! It would have been fun to lite your ass up though, just because of the shit you talk!

ohioborn80
05-25-2011, 11:51 AM
Are you kidding me, you messing up another 5th gen thread with your stang crap! That is so sad man, cant a guy just be happy with his car and the fun he is having without some douch bag trying to bring him down! You really need a life man... nobody gives a rates ass about what your talking about. Your car runs what it runs and good for you, my oldsmobile would have wiped the floor with your ass... but do I care, not one bit, because its not like there arent a million other cars faster then mine! It would have been fun to lite your ass up though, just because of the shit you talk!
Maybe you should pull the cock out your ass and look at the thread. Read my post. Where i told the guy good times, nice improvements. Then come back. And don't be so sure about that wiping ass. My car has a lot more done to it t hen those runs now. Plus getting more installed for my return.

sweetC5
05-25-2011, 01:06 PM
I did read the thread jerk off, and you started spewing your junk again and posting your vids. Then tell the guy nice run even though you called it a fail, or your car is faster with less work! You diss someone and then try to cover it up with my wife wants an SS or good run! And ya, you would need more mods then what you had, because an ass wopping is what you would have got!

Dark SS
05-25-2011, 01:22 PM
So what did your car run Dark SS and with what mods?

Just went 12.4 on a stock pirelli, full weight on a slick track. Give me a 15" slick and we'll see what it does. Just a tune, intake, exhaust tank at 4080 race weight. With better D/A and a sticky tire I should see 11's this fall. I guess these cars are slow as fuck.

Midnight02
05-25-2011, 01:49 PM
Read my post. Where i told the guy good times, nice improvements.

Probably should've quit typing at that point. No one's really interested to hear the rest.

ohioborn80
05-25-2011, 01:49 PM
I did read the thread jerk off, and you started spewing your junk again and posting your vids. Then tell the guy nice run even though you called it a fail, or your car is faster with less work! You diss someone and then try to cover it up with my wife wants an SS or good run! And ya, you would need more mods then what you had, because an ass wopping is what you would have got!

An ass whopping huh...To bad we will never know. SO big over internet. And I said the 11.9 a fail. Yep sure did. I gave him props on cutting almost half second on his time. Also my wife sells Camaro's. She does want one. But she decided not to get it. That her choice.

ohioborn80
05-25-2011, 01:50 PM
Just went 12.4 on a stock pirelli, full weight on a slick track. Give me a 15" slick and we'll see what it does. Just a tune, intake, exhaust tank at 4080 race weight. With better D/A and a sticky tire I should see 11's this fall. I guess these cars are slow as fuck.

Lets see proof...Cause every thing lsited says fastest stock 5th gen is 12.5 not 12.4...Waiting..

Dark SS
05-25-2011, 02:07 PM
Lets see proof...Cause every thing lsited says fastest stock 5th gen is 12.5 not 12.4...Waiting..

Read the thread numbnuts, I never said it was stock.

sweetC5
05-25-2011, 02:11 PM
There is just no point with this guy anymore, and actually ohio we do know what would have happen... I already told you! LMAO

DarkSS nice runs man, I will be hitting the track for the first time with mine on sunday at US 41, gonna be hot though! Headers only on all season 295 tires on back. They are doing street car chaos if your intested.

silvrsvt
05-25-2011, 02:11 PM
man you guys are funny! for the record I drive a 04 cobra and my girlfriend drives a 2007 mustang GT.

The camaro is my boss's car and he put me in charge of making it faster lol. like I said the 11.52 was my first and only pass in the car. We havent been to the track for a couple weeks now (getting hot in AZ)

Next time we go to the track I will make some more pass's and hopefully go low 11's

1MaddCamaro
05-29-2011, 12:28 AM
Good run and sweet setup!

ohioborn80
05-30-2011, 07:44 AM
So you ran 12.4 not stock. Yet on stock tires and try to compare to a car that went to 12.1 on tires only or 11s with simple tune cold air..HAHA.

ohioborn80
05-30-2011, 07:47 AM
So you ran 12.4 not stock. Yet on stock tires and try to compare to a car that went to 12.1 on tires only or 11s with simple tune cold air..HAHA.

Dark SS
05-30-2011, 09:52 PM

So when are you going to realize nobody cares? I would love to see what you run on stock tires. Once I switch to DR's and catch a good day at the track the number will drop. I would have no problem lining up next to one of these unicorn "11 sec." bolt-on 5.0's with my full weight pig.

ohioborn80
05-31-2011, 06:09 PM
So when are you going to realize nobody cares? I would love to see what you run on stock tires. Once I switch to DR's and catch a good day at the track the number will drop. I would have no problem lining up next to one of these unicorn "11 sec." bolt-on 5.0's with my full weight pig.

It dont take bolt on s to go 11s in a 5.0. Only in your y9our fan boy world where you still think the 5th gen is as fast. Funny how even in the kill threads here they all admit the 5.0 is faster the the 5th gen. Mod for mod and all.

Me I don't waste times on stock tires. But there are several that have that went 12.2-12.4 bone stock.

DAVESS02
06-01-2011, 12:06 AM
Most of this 5.0 nutswingin is from decades of ford producing a GT that was so much slower then it should have been. They did sound good, but all bark and zero bite. Its expected that new 5.0 fever's got many of them crowing like a rooster on crack......

Dark SS
06-01-2011, 12:08 AM
It dont take bolt on s to go 11s in a 5.0. Only in your y9our fan boy world where you still think the 5th gen is as fast. Funny how even in the kill threads here they all admit the 5.0 is faster the the 5th gen. Mod for mod and all.

Me I don't waste times on stock tires. But there are several that have that went 12.2-12.4 bone stock.

Why is it that you mustang guys have to try to shove your bullshit down everyone's throat? Why don't you circle jerk over this mystical bone stock 11 second car on your own forum? You come on here spewing bullshit all over the place when the OP was just posting what he ran. I don't understand how you're still here. :ban:
You actually think these unicorns run 11's bone stock?? Are you up ford's ass that far?? I go by what I see at the track and on the street, not youtube. So far the fastest 5.0 I have seen ran a 13.4 Does that mean they all run that? No, but I am yet to see one even close to 11's.

ohioborn80
06-01-2011, 08:49 AM
Why is it that you mustang guys have to try to shove your bullshit down everyone's throat? Why don't you circle jerk over this mystical bone stock 11 second car on your own forum? You come on here spewing bullshit all over the place when the OP was just posting what he ran. I don't understand how you're still here. :ban:
You actually think these unicorns run 11's bone stock?? Are you up ford's ass that far?? I go by what I see at the track and on the street, not youtube. So far the fastest 5.0 I have seen ran a 13.4 Does that mean they all run that? No, but I am yet to see one even close to 11's.

Where did i say one ran 11s stock?

Dark SS
06-01-2011, 09:29 AM
Where did i say one ran 11s stock?

It dont take bolt on s to go 11s in a 5.0. Only in your y9our fan boy world where you still think the 5th gen is as fast.

I don't know how you can mod a car without bolt-on's.......

ohioborn80
06-01-2011, 01:55 PM
I don't know how you can mod a car without bolt-on's.......

Tune and cold air isnt bolt ons. There is several more then 15 that have went 11.7-11.9 with those two simple things. Even few about 10 that went 11s with just tune.

Oh let me not forget tires.

RacerXLs1
06-26-2011, 08:31 PM
What is funny around where i am the Camaro drivers are the pricks. Then the SRT8 guys are even worse. Most the mustang guys are pretty cool. The vette guys are cooler then the Camaro guys.

Too me it sounts like your the prick.. I understand the times seem slow.. But the car had no headers and the guy just got the whipple put on.. Give the guy a chance.. Thats pretty shitty to come on here bad mouthing some ones shit and then cover it up with, OH GOOD TIMES.. Grow the fuck up and learn some respect.. I cant stand one people talk shit and they dont no all the facts..

To the OP: good times, hope you get in the low 11's to shut this dumbass up...

Pro Stock John
06-27-2011, 09:28 AM
There is just no point with this guy anymore, and actually ohio we do know what would have happen... I already told you! LMAO

DarkSS nice runs man, I will be hitting the track for the first time with mine on sunday at US 41, gonna be hot though! Headers only on all season 295 tires on back. They are doing street car chaos if your intested.

Let us know how you do.

ohioborn80
06-27-2011, 02:42 PM
Too me it sounts like your the prick.. I understand the times seem slow.. But the car had no headers and the guy just got the whipple put on.. Give the guy a chance.. Thats pretty shitty to come on here bad mouthing some ones shit and then cover it up with, OH GOOD TIMES.. Grow the fuck up and learn some respect.. I cant stand one people talk shit and they dont no all the facts..

To the OP: good times, hope you get in the low 11's to shut this dumbass up...

Headers or not high 11s in a SC camaro just isn't impressive. Mid 11 is a lot better. More seat time and I am sure he can improve.

1nasty86
06-27-2011, 05:43 PM
:corn:

jasycz28
06-27-2011, 11:15 PM
Headers or not high 11s in a SC camaro just isn't impressive. Mid 11 is a lot better. More seat time and I am sure he can improve.

Just wondering what is the normal DA where you race at?

ohioborn80
06-28-2011, 02:42 PM
Just wondering what is the normal DA where you race at?

Summer time +3000-3900 from june-aug.

Winter time +250-500. dec-feb,

Look what texas speed did with a camaro that is cammed. At the same track I race at. That was impressive being DA was about +2000. So a sc car with only going mid-high 11s not as impressive at all. Unless he racing in the mountains.

11.17@121. @2000ft DA
* 2010 Camaro SS L99 A6 (raceweight prob about 3850 to 3900+)
* 6.2L 100% stock shortblock
* TSP/PRC LS7 6-bolt small-bore heads (final prototypes for future release)
* LS7 Rocker arms (for the LS7-derived heads)
* TSP VVT Camshaft 23x/24x
* TSP 1 7/8" Longtubes / Induction
* Yank 4000 Stall Converter
* Stock A6 Transmission
* Stock Gearing
* 100% Stock Suspension, nothing at all aftermarket
* Weld 17" Drag Wheels
* Hoosier Slicks

silvrsvt
07-01-2011, 08:06 PM
Summer time +3000-3900 from june-aug.

Winter time +250-500. dec-feb,

Look what texas speed did with a camaro that is cammed. At the same track I race at. That was impressive being DA was about +2000. So a sc car with only going mid-high 11s not as impressive at all. Unless he racing in the mountains.
11.17@121. @2000ft DA
* 2010 Camaro SS L99 A6 (raceweight prob about 3850 to 3900+)
* 6.2L 100% stock shortblock
* TSP/PRC LS7 6-bolt small-bore heads (final prototypes for future release)
* LS7 Rocker arms (for the LS7-derived heads)
* TSP VVT Camshaft 23x/24x
* TSP 1 7/8" Longtubes / Induction
* Yank 4000 Stall Converter
* Stock A6 Transmission
* Stock Gearing
* 100% Stock Suspension, nothing at all aftermarket
* Weld 17" Drag Wheels
* Hoosier Slicks

Or unless its his first time ever racing the car like ive said numerous times in this thread :punch:

BTW- The car hasnt been to the track since. Its way too hot right now in AZ

AWDTBSS
07-02-2011, 08:53 PM
2011 5.0 mustang fail, i saw one at Fontana run 12s with a kenne bell and m/ts with i wanna say 7 or 9psi. his best time ever was 11.7 so thats right about what the A6 camaro did with same mods pretty much.

BLWN1
07-03-2011, 04:27 PM
with what a 3.40 60ft?

AWDTBSS
07-03-2011, 08:16 PM
prolly like a 2.0ish on the 12 sec passes, just cuz one guy runs 10s with a s/c doesnt mean they all do. doing a 11.7 is pretty good considering stock here they do very very high 12s to low 13s so 1.3 sec drop with s/c and dr's isnt bad imo

ohioborn80
07-04-2011, 04:47 PM
prolly like a 2.0ish on the 12 sec passes, just cuz one guy runs 10s with a s/c doesnt mean they all do. doing a 11.7 is pretty good considering stock here they do very very high 12s to low 13s so 1.3 sec drop with s/c and dr's isnt bad imo

That guy is doing something wrong. He should be least low 11s. Cold air tune 5.0s all over country are getting 11.8-12.2s.

AWDTBSS
07-04-2011, 05:43 PM
honestly i dont see a tune/intake droping a full second off a 1/4 mile, i'd really like to see some times from Infineon, Sac Raceway, or Fontana. Intake, Dyno Tune, O/R X-pipe, and 315/17s hoosiers did 11.9@114 with the tuner driving (i think) the owner best was 12.3

ohioborn80
07-05-2011, 12:02 AM
honestly i dont see a tune/intake droping a full second off a 1/4 mile, i'd really like to see some times from Infineon, Sac Raceway, or Fontana. Intake, Dyno Tune, O/R X-pipe, and 315/17s hoosiers did 11.9@114 with the tuner driving (i think) the owner best was 12.3
For them simple mods still a 11.9 is good. Specially with the air out there. Unless you talking he had the blower also. I know DA can kill times but teh supercharged one should been running way faster.

AWDTBSS
07-05-2011, 12:18 AM
no that was not the one with the blower lol if he trapped 114 with a blower he should burn it haha. the s/c one trapped like low 120's

Pro Stock John
07-10-2011, 10:42 PM
Hey I saw some dude in a Mustang or a Camaro oh wait it was a 350Z and it ran like 10's on Nitto's with weight reduction... oh wait.. who gives a crap.

Polluting this guy's thread is not cool. I'd bet that most of us are pretty interested in 5.0 achievements but you are not going about it in a way that looks good for the rest of the 5.0 owners. I'm sure most of us have had a few of each, I've had 5 Mustangs and 7 Camaro/ Firebirds. Loved 'em all.

I would agree that the combo is coming around, and if OP drops in a converter I'd expect some 10's out of it.

fat tony157
07-14-2011, 02:39 PM
Nice times! Haters gonna hate :fluffy:

chevydan
07-14-2011, 03:16 PM
Hey I saw some dude in a Mustang or a Camaro oh wait it was a 350Z and it ran like 10's on Nitto's with weight reduction... oh wait.. who gives a crap.

Polluting this guy's thread is not cool. I'd bet that most of us are pretty interested in 5.0 achievements but you are not going about it in a way that looks good for the rest of the 5.0 owners. I'm sure most of us have had a few of each, I've had 5 Mustangs and 7 Camaro/ Firebirds. Loved 'em all.

I would agree that the combo is coming around, and if OP drops in a converter I'd expect some 10's out of it.

Very well said. There is a reason why ls1tech is losing popularity and it presented itself in this thread. Good times OP..