Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch pedal not returning problem solution for Corvette & Camaro

Old 04-16-2011, 05:55 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Clutch pedal not returning problem solution for Corvette & Camaro

We have developed a clutch pedal return spring kit for the C5/C6 Corvette and for the 5th Gen Camaros. This kit solves the clutch pedal not returning problem that sometimes occurs on these vehicles. The kit also speeds up the application of the clutch after the pedal is released, reducing potential clutch slip and heat generation on the shifts.

Here are some pictures of the install of the kit on a 2010 Camaro that was having clutch pedal problems during the autocross event at the Camaro5 Fest in Arizona. This car had a roll cage that made getting to the driver footwell a bit more difficult than normal.
Attached Thumbnails Clutch pedal not returning problem solution for Corvette & Camaro-dscf1659_sm.jpg   Clutch pedal not returning problem solution for Corvette & Camaro-dscf1662_sm.jpg   Clutch pedal not returning problem solution for Corvette & Camaro-dscf1666_sm.jpg   Clutch pedal not returning problem solution for Corvette & Camaro-dscf1674_sm.jpg  
Old 04-16-2011, 10:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK all of this is fine, but your engineering dept still needs to determine why the pedal falls in the first place. The cars are equipped with a return static spring on the slave, a cup spring in the master, and a pedal leverage spring on the tree.Why does the thing stick to the floor without the clutch slipping at high RPM???? I know from several experiences that if I pull it up with my toe the next stroke will dissengage the clutch for the next gear selection.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Clutch pedal not returning problem solution for Corvette & Camaro