Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tune questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 08:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Default tune questions

Doing a cam (224r), headers, ory, and LS6 intake upgrade on my 99 z28. Planning on a ported tb and maf in the near future so that's when it will get properly tuned. I do have a FAST handheld programmer that has a tune in it for a 220-230 degree cam change. It also allows timing and fuel changes. If I try to tweak it before I get a REAL tune, which general direction should I try to go with the fuel and/or timing changes (I just might be satisfied without, but just in case). I know that I'm going to have a ses light for the egr,air and missing o2 sensors that I will get turned off at tune time. Just want to get some ideas. car has a 2800 converter and 3.73 gears with a SSRA air intake and a lid. thanks for your input.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:28 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You need to know what the base looks like before anyone can tell you which direction to go. That cam should be happy with 27~28* of timing from 3K RPM on up. If you need someone to read what changes are being made by your handheld, I can take a look. I'm in Farmington Hills as well.