Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Still Running Lean...

Im throwing these codes;
Code(s)
P0174 bank 2 system too lean.
P0300 random multiple misfire detected
P0300 random multiple misfire detected

Im thinking a plug or plug wire. maybe an o2 sensor. I already ran Lucas and STP fuel system cleaners through the car. Im still running lean so an injector cannot be clogged.

I purchased this 2001 camaro ss off a guy who put it away in August and sold it to me April 9th.. Im kind of suffering from driving it like this already averaging 19 MPG highway.. :/ and some severe lugging randomly which is killing my clutch. not even 40k miles on her. I don't want to have to drop an Ls7 clutch in her already
Thanks all.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:07 PM
TECH Addict

How's the MAF look? See if you can borrow a buddy's MAF for an hour. Swap it in, do a PCM BAT fuse reset and see if that cures the problem.

Other possibilities could be exhaust leak on the passenger side, bad O2 sensor on the passenger side, vacuum leak (maybe), a bad coil pack, etc. At the end of the day, you could spend quite a bit throwing parts at the problem. Might want to consider having a shop diagnose the problem for you.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Switch sides with the O2s, clear the codes and see if the problem follows the O2 or the bank.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:56 PM
Launching!

Thanks guys. Ill try the o2 sensors. It's not the MAF because Im pretty sure its aftermarket. I think he put that on there and didn't tune it to be honest. but if it isn't the o2 sensors I don't feel like chasing a miss-fire for a weekend. Ill go to GM.. thanks again all.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:32 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No, if its a aftermarket MAF there is a huge chance thats a problem. Many people have made this mistake.

I'm also getting the same codes on my TA right now. So far I have replaced:

fuel pump
fuel filter
O2 sensors
plugs

I noticed when putting it together the coil harness was tight, I'm thinking I got the bracket/packs flip flopped since the other side has plenty of slack. I'm gonna swap them on lunch today & double check all the plug wire to pack connections.

I also tried the PCM reset last night but it failed to clear my SES light for some reason & then this morning the second Service light came on so now I got both lit up.
Old 04-20-2011, 09:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You need to get a scanner on the car that can read what the o2's are doing. When the engine is cold, you can try spraying carb cleaner around the intake and see if the idle changes at all. It is very common for the intake gasket to go bad on these motors which will give you a lean code.

Search this Thread