Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

....repair order ticket

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 04:46 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ....repair order ticket

So i had a 3.8L black camaro with 6% tint and never got pulled over in the 2 1/2 years that i had it

so now i have 4% tint on my SS sense march, and i park in front of a police station, do u-turns in front of cops and pull up next to them and i have got nothing. Today i pulled up on the off ramp on my way to class and stopped at the red light next to highway patrol. I looked over at him (knowing he couldn't see me) we turned left at the light and he got behind me and pulled me over. He came up to the window which i rolled down before he got up to the car with his meter. Pretty much said my tint looked to dark....blah blah. I told him it was on the car when i bought in in January (im a student i don't need more bills). So he wrote me a Repair Order for the tint (his machine read 2% tint which ii think is wrong but whatever). So like what do i need to do at the bottom of this thing? Can i sign it and send it in? Do i need to have a shop sign it? I just don't want 35%...sorry it feels like im in a fish bowl in the summer. If anyone has advice let me know.

-Doug
Old 04-20-2011, 05:07 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

remove the tint, take it to the police station, they inspect it and sign the ticket. do u have any friends that are cops?
Old 04-20-2011, 05:33 AM
Teching In

Well...my neighbor down the street is a cop, i think the police chief, and i have known him for about 8 years now...i guess i could see if he would sign it. He is uber nice cop rarely hands out tickets but im not sure if he would just sign it for me....il have to just bring it up.
Old 04-20-2011, 05:34 AM
Teching In

hmmm my old buddy just became a cop in flagstaff....would they accept that?
Old 04-20-2011, 03:00 PM
Teching In

I know a guys that has a tint shop, if they remove it can they sign it for me?
Old 04-20-2011, 03:55 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Dougaz
I know a guys that has a tint shop, if they remove it can they sign it for me?
nope a cop has to sign it off not the shop
Old 04-20-2011, 03:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

my cuzn is a state trooper here in tx and he has that tint meter and i know my front windows are 35% tint but when he put it on it said 28 or 26% and the limit is 25% because our windows already have some tint on them it brings it down even further.

Quick Reply: ....repair order ticket