Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how fast on stock drivetrain...

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2004, 02:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default how fast on stock drivetrain...

I'm just curious what times/60 foot's people are getting with their stock drivetrain in am M6? I know everyone talks about how careful you need to be and how easy it is to break something... well Wed I went to the track made a few passess. This was my 1st night out on stickey tires and a non-slipping clutch. I made a few passes, a few 12.7's best of the night was a 12.6 at 114mph with a 2.10 60'. I'm running nitto's on my stock 16" wheel. I'm hitting the rev limiter at the top of 3rd gear right before I hit the traps. I've trapped a best of 116mph on taller tires. I know theres a little room to grow there also with a little quicker shifting. Anyhow, I did a few 3k rpm launches wed, everything seemed to hold up just fine. Well tonight I go back to the track, a little more confident, glad I didnt break anything the 1st time, wanting to see if I can't push it a little harder. My 1st pass, I launched at just around, or just uner 2,500 rpm to start out easy, and see how the track is hooking. Right as the last yellow pops up SNAP, broke the U-joint clear off my driveshaft :eek3: Dont hear about that happening too often. I was execting my stock 10bolt to break, but not my driveshaft. Well, It was late and dark so I didnt have much of a chance to inspect the damange, but LOOKS like I might be able to just replace the U-joint, atleast thats what I'm hopeing. Needless to say I wont be going back until I get a 12-bolt and a new driveshaft
Old 02-21-2004, 05:19 PM
TECH Veteran

yep, im waiting on my ds to blow any day now. im fixing to hit 450hp so then it would be stupid to even try and run it on slicks.
Old 02-21-2004, 05:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

theres what 378rwtq and a 2,500rpm launch on nitto DR's did. Put a huge dent in my exhaust pipe, floorboard and torque arm. Luckily I have true duals waiting to be installed, and the floorpan is under the rear seats, so its not visible....

Old 02-21-2004, 05:23 PM
TECH Veteran

ouch, so much for changing the u-joint.
Old 02-21-2004, 05:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah, lucky there are a few guys locally that might have a spare driveshaft, but I dont think I will be back to the track until I get a 12bolt and a better driveshaft/u-joints
Old 02-22-2004, 03:04 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I got my nittos I went through 2 stock driveshafts, 1 torque arm, and ate up the ring and pinion gears.