Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Which lowering springs would work best in this situation?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2004, 05:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which lowering springs would work best in this situation?

Firstly, I do plan on getting other suspension parts together before I install them, so they can all go on at once

-SFCs
-Adj. Panhard
-Shock Tower Brace
-Front/Rear Sway Bars
-Shocks

I'm making my Camaro into a street/drag car. I don't really care much to try an autocross with this one. I want springs that will lower it a little bit (mostly to look better...get rid of that 4x4 look. And to ride better of course) but I don't want to kill my 60' times. I've read on here that Eibach Pro Kit can kill your 60' by .2 seconds or more. I can't be having that. I don't really care too much as to which is the best for the dollar, I want the best period (for this situation anyways). If it costs 100 bucks to get a a little better of a ride, or to not kill off much/any time off my 60' then so be it I'm not trying to make an 8 second LS1, so I don't mind the extra weight of the suspension parts. I do plan on getting in the 11's and 10's in a couple of years with full race weight. I don't mind making more power to overcome the weight, so long as I am getting a good ride feel out of it

So far these are the ones I have seen, that I can think of off the top of my head

-Eibach Pro Kit
-Eibach Sportline
-ST lowering springs
-HOTCHKIS Sprit Springs
-BMR

This is not a daily driven vehicle. I will be putting 26x11.5 or 26x10.5 inch ET Streets in the backyard, and I don't want any rubbing. Lastly, when I start doing suspension mods, I will have switched my ORY setup to True Duals. I have MAC midlengths on there now. I don't think clearance will be any issue, as I have not once bottomed the car out, even on some pretty nasty looking dips I took a little too quick

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Strahley; 02-21-2004 at 05:27 AM.
Old 02-21-2004, 08:30 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would think the Hal spring shock combo would be best, pricey but would offer adjustable ride height along with adjustability for track and street use.