Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Fog lights!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 10:31 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fog lights!

Every since my motor swapped I haven't had Foglights. i check the fuses and bulbs and both are good. Also checked the wire that connects to the bulb and it's not getting any power from the PCM. Anyone else experience this or know what the problem is? I'd like to do HID's next month but I need to figure out why they aren't gettin any power. All my other lights(headlights/corners) are working fine. Thanx for any help provided...
Old 04-22-2011, 12:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

i thought the foglights were powered by the body control unit? i would check that to see if there is a fuse in there that is blown. could be the switch too, kinda weird that it happened during your motor swap though.
Old 04-22-2011, 01:28 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by lusting4ls1
i thought the foglights were powered by the body control unit? i would check that to see if there is a fuse in there that is blown. could be the switch too, kinda weird that it happened during your motor swap though.
Ok, Thanx for the suggestion. I'll check that tommorow...
Old 05-09-2011, 07:24 PM
Staging Lane

when you turn the switch for the foglights on...does the amber/orange windown light up in the switch?
Refer to post#23 in the following link to see the window i'm talking about in the ASR switch.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/stereo-el...humount-2.html
Old 05-10-2011, 07:29 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

Neither the PCM nor the BCM have anything to do with the fog lights. It's a simple circuit with a relay in junction block #1 under the hood. The relay is powered via the headlight switch and controlled via the fog light switch. Ground is provided by back-feeding through the high beams which is why the fog lights turn off when using the high beams. If all the other lights are working, I would suspect the fog light relay is the problem.