Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please help me find this fitting!

Old 04-22-2011, 09:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Please help me find this fitting!

I have this:

it is a Russell Specialty Adapter Fitting RUS640850 EFI Adapter -6 Male To 3/8" SAE Quick Disconnect Female

I am using this on a 2010 Fuel pump module and running 3/8" line to my LS6. I need a short section of hard line, and I can not for the life of me find the female fitting that goes over the flared 3/8" line for this damn fitting!!!

I've been searching for two days now, and everything I have found is either a compression fitting or a coupler...nothing that just joins them! Please help me!
Old 04-22-2011, 10:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...swap-faqs.html post #20...
Old 04-22-2011, 10:42 PM
Staging Lane

Earls Performance part number 65006erl you can get it from summit for $10 it is a compresion fitting that will go on the 3/8 Line. Then you can use a short length of -6 AN line to couple it all together.

or you could use 165106ERL, same kind of thing it is a compression fitting above but with with a female end. This one and the tube nut listed below are a little more tricky b/c there is no flexability to the connection.

I personally do not like the Tube nuts because they are a -AN flare that is not your standart brake line flare and can cause fuel line leaking problems. The compression fittings work like a dream and are even good on stainless.

Last edited by LonghornSS; 04-22-2011 at 11:18 PM.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:47 PM
Teching In

So you're looking for the fitting that you'd use on the hardline to connect it to the male side of the RUS640850 fitting?

That would be an AN flare nut, and sleeve.
Nut: http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/hapages/an818.php

Sleeve: http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/hapages/an819.php

Assembly after flaring:

Flare the tube to 37 degrees.

Hydraulic shops that deal with hardlines should have these in steel, but will refer to them as "JIC". I'm not 100% sure, but I believe the difference between AN and JIC is in how they are tested and certified. Regardless, they work the same way (same flare angle and thread size/pitch).

Last edited by nullshine; 04-22-2011 at 10:57 PM.
Old 04-23-2011, 06:23 AM
Teching In

Thank you!!!
Old 04-23-2011, 07:52 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by nullshine
So you're looking for the fitting that you'd use on the hardline to connect it to the male side of the RUS640850 fitting?

That would be an AN flare nut, and sleeve.
Nut: http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/hapages/an818.php

Sleeve: http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/hapages/an819.php

Assembly after flaring:

Flare the tube to 37 degrees.

Hydraulic shops that deal with hardlines should have these in steel, but will refer to them as "JIC". I'm not 100% sure, but I believe the difference between AN and JIC is in how they are tested and certified. Regardless, they work the same way (same flare angle and thread size/pitch).
Make sure you double check with the manufacturer as I don't think most of these type fittings are design to work with high pressure fuel.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:54 AM
Staging Lane

also thought you might be interested in a RUS-640940 it is a fitting that clips into the fitting you already have. and has a 6 -an on the other end.,
Old 04-23-2011, 12:54 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 71ANTICARB
Make sure you double check with the manufacturer as I don't think most of these type fittings are design to work with high pressure fuel.
There's no harm in double checking... but 37 degree steel JIC fittings are used with 3000+ psi hydraulic systems (pressure depending on diameter/wall thickness of tubing). I doubt 58 psi will be a problem.

Maybe you're thinking of the compression style fittings? (Which I wouldn't use, btw).
Like these:

The sleeve in the AN / JIC system actually just makes a transition between back of the flared tube and the nut, allowing the nut to apply force on the back of the flared tube more evenly, and prevent wear on the back of the flared tube, it doesn't really have anything to do with sealing. The inside surface of the flared tube and the machined surface of his russell fitting will do all the sealing.

Last edited by nullshine; 04-23-2011 at 01:11 PM.
Old 04-23-2011, 01:25 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LonghornSS
Earls Performance part number 65006erl you can get it from summit for $10 it is a compresion fitting that will go on the 3/8 Line. Then you can use a short length of -6 AN line to couple it all together.

or you could use 165106ERL, same kind of thing it is a compression fitting above but with with a female end. This one and the tube nut listed below are a little more tricky b/c there is no flexability to the connection.

I personally do not like the Tube nuts because they are a -AN flare that is not your standart brake line flare and can cause fuel line leaking problems. The compression fittings work like a dream and are even good on stainless.
As far as 165106ERL goes:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EAR-165106ERL/
Originally Posted by Summit Racing
Notes 50 psi maximum pressure.
The 165006ERL is rated at the same 50 psi pressure. The OP's fuel module will put out 58 psi. (More, if not regulated).

I'm not too sure why it matters if AN / JIC aren't standard brake line fittings? I also don't know why you think AN will cause fuel line leaking problems, and then go on to recommend AN adapters? Or even why AN / JIC would cause any such leaks to begin with.

Some reading for those who are interested:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JIC_fitting
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AN_thread

Some more:
http://www.mechanicsupport.com/articleStronger.html

The above article suggests only using AN with AN... which I do agree with... But at 58 psi, we're so far below the maximum working pressure that I'm not sure it would matter anyways.

The article also says that many fittings sold as "AN fittings" are in fact industrial (JIC), not AN, so we don't specifically know if that Russell fitting is truly AN to begin with. At 58 psi I'm not too concerned.

Last edited by nullshine; 04-23-2011 at 01:40 PM.
Old 04-23-2011, 05:31 PM
TECH Resident

After thinking bout it for awhile I think I'm thinkin bout the aluminum line.
Old 04-23-2011, 11:11 PM
Teching In

I'm pretty sure that this is what I am looking for and going to buy. All of the other items that you guys have been pointing out are the ones I have found that are either male ends (I need Female) or compression fittings, which may work with steel lines, but I just feel more comfortable with flared fittings on an pressurized lines.

I didn't really think it would be that hard to find either, but damn if it isn't one of the most challenging things I've searched for. I know that Russell has to make something--hell they make the female connector, surely they manufacture a male end right? NOPE...unless you are looking for a compression fitting, they don't.

Thank you to everyone for looking, hopefully this will be the most challenging part search of the build!
Old 04-24-2011, 04:58 PM
Staging Lane

Thumbs down

I'm not too sure why it matters if AN / JIC aren't standard brake line fittings? I also don't know why you think AN will cause fuel line leaking problems, and then go on to recommend AN adapters? Or even why AN / JIC would cause any such leaks to begin with.
What I should have said is that the AN/JIC are not a typical brake flare and require a specific flaring tool, and if not flared with this tool will cause leaking.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Please help me find this fitting!