Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Help with 04 Gto Forged break in?

Old 04-23-2011, 01:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with 04 Gto Forged break in?

Just forged my bottom end and added torquer V3 and Stock heads.And a bunch of supporting :hit.Water pump oil pump gaskets arp rod bolts studs cam bearings main bearings.Really had a time figuring the correct cam bearings for pre-04 gto.Had three different sets.1888 fugal chp-10 and Chp-23.Turned out the Chp-23 worked.Even though i had the long and short head studs which called for the chp-10's.Still dont know why the 23's worked vs the 10's.Done a 3600ss stall convertor with cooler and shift kit walbro fuel pump drag bags and 42lb injectors.Previously had kooks long tubes X pipes Cai no cats magnaflow and untuned.Was a good race with my cousins 2002 ws6.Pretty much was a traction race within a car or two both ways through the 1/4.His was bone stock.With a tune without a dyno just changed shift points and drag radials it came out hard and really wasnt a race.Also doing a progressive 300 shot in two stages.100 out the whole 200 progressively.Original post was on ls1gto under goatrilla..Guess my question is what do i need to do about break in oil,im a little confused because i have no clue what to do because with the cam it needs to be tuned and i was going to put it on the dyno and is it too soon to do a nitrous dyno run???

Search this Thread