Sponsored by:

LSX Swap into 1994 Corvette LT1/4l60e

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 05:32 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LSX Swap into 1994 Corvette LT1/4l60e

Hey everyone!
Today I had the pleasure of having my LT1 lose oil pressure in my daily driver vette. So I've thought about buying a LT1 longblock, but thats boring. So I am thinking about buying a beater for a daily driver and starting a LSX Swap.

I have some questions first though...

1) I am going to try to do this on the cheap at first and start with an iron block truck motor pullout. I'm thinking that this is the smartest route right now because of my stock 4l60e transmission and weak Dana 36 out back. If I go this route would it be easy to swap in a 6.0 monster with L92 heads later after I get the funds to strengthen the 4l60e transmission and the rear to a Dana 44 from a manual car.

2) The motor mount plates available from speedhound (http://www.speedhound.com/LSX%20swap/C4plates.html), it says on their website that they are for l98 corvettes. Will these mounts work on a LT1 Car?

3) Do you have to have a 4l60e transmission from an ls car? Can I use my current 4l60e will the ls computer control it?

4) Am I in over my head? The only other motor swap I have done was in my friend's honda rice rocket, we swapped it a few years ago in highschool.

Heres my part list so far.... hopefully i can get the right parts the first time it seems like a lot of trial and error has gone into these swaps

-5.3 motor
-speedhound motor mount plates
-c4 lsx melrose headers
-corvette accessories and brackets: waterpump, powersteering pump, alternator, harmonic balancer
-fbody oil pan
-ls1 intake
-a bunch of wiring $$$

What do you think?

Quick Reply: LSX Swap into 1994 Corvette LT1/4l60e