Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Surging & car kills

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 10:18 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Surging & car kills

Had two different tunners look at my car 02 z28, full bolt ons, mild cam. Its weird. When you first start car and start backing out of driveway it starts to surge. go to drive amd it some times will kill. Drive it for a short while it seems to get OK. Runs fine down the highway. Nobody seems to know what to do to fix it. I thought it might be the maf but I don't know. We tried using the srock maf ends with the screen in it and tried a set of polished maf ends with no screen. It does the same thing no matter what ends you use. Anybody got any ideas?? HELP
Old 04-23-2011, 06:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Datalog it....
Old 04-24-2011, 01:12 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

**** I have had my car mod'ed for around two years now. Fully tuned and it still does this once in a great while! Maybe once a month or so. Drives fine, acts fine. Tuner is scratching his head. I think the PCM has a grimlin. Heck it's an 02 with 15k. We have tried and checked everything in the book I think. I just put up with it and when I feel that it's that time of the month for my car I just get ready to feather the throttle when I back up! If you figure it out let me know