New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Service Vehicle light won't turn off...

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 09:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Service Vehicle light won't turn off...

So my Service Vehicle light has been on for a while. I was having some O2 sensor problems that were throwing codes, but those have been fixed and the codes have been cleared, but that stupid Service Vehicle light is still on and I can not figure out how to clear it. Anybody have any advice? I need to get my car smogged so I don't want any lights on-plus it's just annoying.

Thanks!

-Blake
Old 04-25-2011, 05:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

bump!
Old 04-25-2011, 06:23 PM
TECH Regular

Service your vehicle... Haha jk get it tuned out
Old 04-25-2011, 10:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the light is still on then either someone did not clear the code, the problem is still there, or there is another problem that needs servicing.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:24 AM
TECH Regular

if the light is still on there is still a fault present.. if the o2 sensors were bad, and some one changed them out but did not clear the code, the code should clear itself in a bout 100 miles.. go to autozone, and get the car scanned for DTC's, then post up what codes are in your car... and post the codes.. theeenn we can help
Old 04-26-2011, 09:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

If it's the service Vechicle soon light, then it won't have anything to do with you emissions (in other words, it's not your 02 sensors). It could be anything from problems with your abs to (from what I've heard) a burnt out bulb. You need to get it scanned.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:58 AM
Staging Lane

you can try to disconnect the neg cable on the battery for a min or to then reconnect it. that will reset everything. then if it comes on you know you still have a problem. Gm vehicles may take a few time of driving the car and turning it on and off before it kicks on again. if it does.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It's already been scanned with a Tech 2 and there isn't a single BCM code, yet the light is still on. The only thing I can think of is that since this car was a V6, and it was swapped with an LS1 about a year ago and the light has been on since then, that that has something to do with it. It's just weird that there are no codes, but my Service Vehicle light is on. And I know it's not emissions, those have all been cleared and fixed. I am having braking problems (under hard braking I experience a "notchy" feeling in the pedal) but I am still not throwing any codes-but maybe somehow it is related to an ABS problem.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thank you all for your input, btw!
Old 04-26-2011, 04:52 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by topgeer
you can try to disconnect the neg cable on the battery for a min or to then reconnect it. that will reset everything. then if it comes on you know you still have a problem. Gm vehicles may take a few time of driving the car and turning it on and off before it kicks on again. if it does.
That won't clear a DTC. The DTC will stay in the PCM's memory until the problem has been fixed/repaired (after driving some) or cleared by a handheld / similar device.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:20 PM
Teching In

did you have it checked at Autozone or somewhere? They do it for free...

Quick Reply: Service Vehicle light won't turn off...