Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

X1 cam issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2004, 08:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default X1 cam issues

I am having some issues in my car with the X1 cam. First ,the car loves to maintain 1500rpms whether or not my foot is on the gas. I can literally go down the road and the car will stay at 1500 rpms even if I brake. When I do break approaching a stoplight etc the brake almost acts as an accelerator. Only after I have completly stopped(3secs at least) will the vehicle drop to 1000rpm. Second issue the car now after three days of cam install doesnt want to start after being hot. It turns over starts and dies several attempts have to be made to get it to run. Once it does run it idles fine at 1000rpms with no surge or bouncing of rpm needle. MTI tuned my car initially for my old T1 cam. If Jason can't get it right Monday morning is Chris Robinson in Dallas any better ? Honestly I want to get it tuned right even if it means a trip to Dallas . I must feel its relaible as a daily driver !!!

The vehicle described above is a 02 A4 yank SS3800 stall with full bolt ons minus heads, stock gears,X1 cam,LS1edit already tuned for old T1 cam.
Old 02-22-2004, 04:55 PM
TECH Addict

ttt please
Old 02-23-2004, 05:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i have the f1 (same cam almost) and mti did my tuning as well. they should be able to tune it perfectly considering it's their cam.... (want to rant here but I'll hold off).... Mine does the same thing with the throttle hanging up when coming to stops, that may be just something you have to live with SOMEWHAT but not bad, but as far as not starting that should definately be fixed. MTI does offer free re-tunes within 15 days so just keep going back until they can get tit right, no need to pay more.
Old 02-23-2004, 06:31 PM
11 Second Club

there are a couple of things that need to be addressed in your PCM although it is most likely your throttle follower and/or RAF that need adjustment.
Old 02-26-2004, 06:07 PM
TECH Addict

Update:

Well MTI was not able to come through because of a computer problem so I decide to give Chris Marsh a try at AMS. Upon arriving Chirs talked with me about my isues and down loaded my PCM from what Jason at MTI had previously programmed.Chirs then reprogrammed my car drove it many times to insure that ALL problem were cured!! He also informed me of what changes he did ,why etc.I was extremely informed to say the least. This is something that MTI could learn from.Chirs Liz and crew are very professional definetly devoted to customer service!! I even received a aol im and a call the day after making sure I made it home ok and the car was performing flawlessly.Things such as this go very far with me so I'd definelty recommend them to anyone having issues others can't work out .Thank you AMS
Old 02-27-2004, 11:19 AM
TECH Addict

And I thought you thought there was no one else. We definitely have a good tuner here in Raleigh Durham NC. Jeff Creech at Carolina Automasters. My car doesn't even feel like the same car. Driving around with stock tuning with my cam surge and speedo off has driven me crazy since like September!!!!! Tell me I didn't have some patience waiting on Diablosport to get their Predator right, which by the way never happened. If you have any left over parts I might want, bring them with you when you come Jimmy.
Old 02-27-2004, 08:02 PM
AMS
On The Tree

Talking

Originally Posted by jruss
Update:

Well MTI was not able to come through because of a computer problem so I decide to give Chris Marsh a try at AMS. Upon arriving Chirs talked with me about my isues and down loaded my PCM from what Jason at MTI had previously programmed.Chirs then reprogrammed my car drove it many times to insure that ALL problem were cured!! He also informed me of what changes he did ,why etc.I was extremely informed to say the least. This is something that MTI could learn from.Chirs Liz and crew are very professional definetly devoted to customer service!! I even received a aol im and a call the day after making sure I made it home ok and the car was performing flawlessly.Things such as this go very far with me so I'd definelty recommend them to anyone having issues others can't work out .Thank you AMS
Hey Jimmy,

Glad to hear that you are happy with the car. Like I said, let us know if you have any questions about the tune or with the car. We're always here to help

Thanks,
Elizabeth