Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New old Ls1 owner - 2000 Black SS

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 07:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New old Ls1 owner - 2000 Black SS

Well I bought my first ls1 back in 2008, a 2002 pontiac trans am. Fully loaded, leather, t tops, 6speed full exhaust, yada yada yada. After that I was hooked. Long story short, and many miles later it fell apart. I traded it in and now have a 2011 Hyundai sonata 2.0 turbo, 275 hp and 30mpg consistently city and highway mixed....

...Wellllll even with a nice daily driver and a 2007 zx10r I couldn't help myself when I found this car.

It's a 2000 Camaro SS, black on black leather interoor, T Tops, 12 disc changer, 6 speed with the hurst short shifter, red rally stripes, everything in immaculate condition, chrome wheels, tires and all. 50k original miles. It also has the slp package, from what I can tell, slp exhaust, slp lid, smooth bellows, a diff mass air flow maybe? Stabilizers underneath and in the back seat which prevents you from using the rearrange seat? Also has a fire extinguisher attached to the stabilizer in the back, sway bars front and rear, I think that's all.

I Will post pics as soon as I can.

I have a few questions-
-As far as I know my 02 TA had a hurst shifter... But it sat like 2 inches lower and I liked that it was lower and shifter shorter, cab I adjust the current shifteer in the car or do I need to buy another shifter?
-About the only thing I want to do is the lower thermostat temp and headerss... I want long tube, are there any long tube that will bolt to the stock Y pipe?
-I was told less than 500 black SS's were made with the slp option, where can I go to use the vin and verify any info? I'm on as mobile phone so it iidnt easy to search but I just got approved for the loan so I'm excited lol.

Thanks for any info!
Old 04-27-2011, 10:19 PM
On The Tree

Old 04-27-2011, 10:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

You'll need to get a short stick for the shifter to sit lower.

No longtube header will bolt up to the stock y-pipe. You'll need to get a y-pipe when you get longtubes.

Clean car. Stripes look orange and are definitely unique.

Edit: exhaust tips need to be switched, they're on the wrong way...
Old 04-27-2011, 10:48 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by egott_91
You'll need to get a short stick for the shifter to sit lower.

No longtube header will bolt up to the stock y-pipe. You'll need to get a y-pipe when you get longtubes.

Clean car. Stripes look orange and are definitely unique.

Edit: exhaust tips need to be switched, they're on the wrong way...
Thanks, they are defn staying on, a short stick huh? Never heard of that, what do they run? 100-200? As far as the headers go I need to retain cats... So it's either buy long tubes and weld to the stock y pipe and gut the cats or buy high flow cats and long tubes... And I'll defn do that, I just noticed that as well, haha it's funny I check the car all out, got up underneath it as best I could an everything, didn't even look atthe tips closely.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Pythias
Thanks, they are defn staying on, a short stick huh? Never heard of that, what do they run? 100-200? As far as the headers go I need to retain cats... So it's either buy long tubes and weld to the stock y pipe and gut the cats or buy high flow cats and long tubes... And I'll defn do that, I just noticed that as well, haha it's funny I check the car all out, got up underneath it as best I could an everything, didn't even look atthe tips closely.
Not even near $100-$200... Here ya' go.

http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...oducts_id=1176

As far as cats, when you buy the headers you want, just get a catted y-pipe to match up to it. Or, buy an off road y-pipe, cut your stock cats off, and weld them into the off road y-pipe. That might be the cheaper option...
Old 04-28-2011, 01:56 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by egott_91
Not even near $100-$200... Here ya' go.

http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...oducts_id=1176

As far as cats, when you buy the headers you want, just get a catted y-pipe to match up to it. Or, buy an off road y-pipe, cut your stock cats off, and weld them into the off road y-pipe. That might be the cheaper option...
Awesome man, Ill be ordering that tomorrow.

Yea I think my best option is to buy long tubes with a off road Y and weld the cats in, after gutting them of course. We don't have a sniffer here, but they have to have cats. Something like this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-H...Q5fAccessories

Although it almost look like those could pass as small cats??

Or just go with this and weld them in http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MAC-H...Q5fAccessories.

So from what I've seen so far I just send slp my VIN and they'll give me all the info I need on it?