Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new owner need help!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 10:46 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new owner need help!!

hey guys thanks for looking.. so i just bought my 99 z28 m6 about 2 months ago and couldnt be happier. but know its time for mods when i bought the car it came with exhaust a weiland intake mani. and k&n intake i was thinking i want to get some stuff done underneath the car.. can i get some ideas on what i should do with the suspension first. sway bar ? tourge arm? whats the most usefull. its my dd so i dont want a drag setup more of a autocross if u will.. thanks again for the help
Old 04-28-2011, 11:49 AM
Launching!

My car is more of a drag car setup, but i have BMR welded subframe connecters, tubular lower control arms, adjustable torque arm and panhard bar, slp strut tower brace, and bilstien shocks all around and sits at stock ride height. Handles amazing. Hugs turns, bearly any body roll, and it still squats down and goes hard at the track. And its my dd
Old 04-28-2011, 12:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd say simply start with shocks and springs, whatever you do don't get eibach's.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:18 PM
Formally Simplɘ Jack

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't mean to hijack this thread but can I do suspension work (LCAs, relocation brackets, Torque arm, PHB) before doing headers? My car is all stock besides lid, bilsteins and SLP DD. Will look into headers/ory sometime spring of '12 cuz I just got this car couple months ago and need to do a few appearance mods, sounds, etc before doing the performance mods. But I would like to start on suspension work some time during this summer/fall, is it worth it before additional performance mods?

Last edited by BoricuaHec01; 04-28-2011 at 01:42 PM.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by The Mighty Texan
I'd say simply start with shocks and springs, whatever you do don't get eibach's.
really? i always thought eibach was a good brand.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BoricuaHec01
Don't mean to hijack this thread but can I do suspension work (LCAs, relocation brackets, Torque arm, PHB) before doing headers?
Why would you think you couldn't do all that before doing the headers??
Old 04-28-2011, 03:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bestlude
really? i always thought eibach was a good brand.

They are pretty good for some stuff but the spring rates suck on these cars. My LT car came with them and I went back to stock I hated them so much..

Strano's or the knock off Strano's (BMR) and if you want a little less drop Hotchkiss are pretty good IMO...
Old 04-28-2011, 03:30 PM
Formally Simplɘ Jack

Originally Posted by KevinR
Why would you think you couldn't do all that before doing the headers??
Idk, cuz when I got this ls1 I asked people I know that owned them for a list on what to do first and they stated lid-catback-headers-cam-tune-suspension-tires. Lid and c-b is done and headers is an expensive job, want to do inexpensive mods first. Was thinking of doing suspension and wheels before headers.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:35 PM
Teching In

heads & cam then go play. I dont think you need suspension work yet??? Why would you need that first??? That doesnt make much sense to me..
Old 04-28-2011, 03:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BoricuaHec01
Idk, cuz when I got this ls1 I asked people I know that owned them for a list on what to do first and they stated lid-catback-headers-cam-tune-suspension-tires. Lid and c-b is done and headers is an expensive job, want to do inexpensive mods first. Was thinking of doing suspension and wheels before headers.
Ahh.. I'm assuming they were telling you a list that they would start with. Well, the answer to your question is yes, you can do the suspension work before you do the headers. I think a lot of people with these cars (including me) just like to start with exhaust first.

Sorry for the OP.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:48 PM
Formally Simplɘ Jack

Originally Posted by mparker916
heads & cam then go play. I dont think you need suspension work yet??? Why would you need that first??? That doesnt make much sense to me..
That's why I asked if it was a good idea. Man I keep hearing how sick cams are, still thinking if I should do that. My suspension is real good, so I should save money and just invest in the whole headers/heads/cam/tune, cuz if i get headers, i would need a tune, and if i eventually getting cammed, i would need another tune, so why not kill all the birds with one stone. Then again, I would like to enjoy the sound of the headers first before cam. Unless who gives a **** about that and jump to the cam?
Old 04-28-2011, 04:04 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by The Mighty Texan
ive been looking for some kits like springs and shocks together nd i cant find any websites than sell them together thought i could get a better price if i got them together.. what brand would u recomend ?
Old 04-28-2011, 04:22 PM
Formally Simplɘ Jack

Originally Posted by stikiller21
ive been looking for some kits like springs and shocks together nd i cant find any websites than sell them together thought i could get a better price if i got them together.. what brand would u recomend ?
Bilsteins if ur in a budget, Koni's if you got money. Heard ppl bashing Eibach's pro kits so I guess BMR or Strano springs are next on the list. I can't ***** with lowered cars, looks sick but I gotta stay stock height imo.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by stikiller21

http://www.stranoparts.com/
Old 04-29-2011, 01:22 AM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Yeah you can't beat these Bilstein's for the price: http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...D=21&ModelID=8

These cars are born winners from the factory, power isn't a major area of concern. If it was me I'd start with suspension first: tires, brakes, shocks, SFC's. I've read around here that just with the Bilstein's alone the car's a different animal...
Old 04-29-2011, 08:33 AM
Formally Simplɘ Jack

Originally Posted by myk
I've read around here that just with the Bilstein's alone the car's a different animal...
Hopefully that applies to SLP Bilsteins as well, not just HDs lol.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

look at the WS6 store for suspension stuff also..how many miles on your car?