General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Not getting any spark...

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 05:09 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not getting any spark...

Long story short I did a cam swap last fall, got the car started and idling and decided if I was going to pay for a dyno tune I might as well do heads and a stall as well. So, I bought a set of cnc ported 243's and a circe-d 3200 stall and installed everything over the winter. I also upgraded to yella terra rockers and installed a tranny cooler. I now have everything back together and when I go to finally start it today, I can't get it to start. When I turn the key all lights, radio, dash etc. turns on and everything rolls over. I'm getting fuel but found out I am not getting spark on either side. I have checked everything over and can not figure it out. Like I said, it started and idled prior to heads/stall so I know coil packs, all plugs, etc. are fine. I also checked the crank position sensor and it is plugged in.

The only thing I can think of is either I forgot to plug something together behind the intake manifold, or my grounds are no good on the heads. But everything else seems to work fine so that makes me think grounds probably aren't the issue...and it seems like if I forgot something behind the manifold it would only be one side that wouldn't fire, right?

Any ideas before I take the plunge tomorrow and remove the manifold...again....?
Old 04-29-2011, 10:47 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also, the rpm tach does move and raise up as it tries to start. In my searching I guess that was an important factor in ruling out the crank sensor. With the heads milled to 60.5 cc chambers I am doing a little over 11:1 SR, do people have troulbe getting the car to turn over fast enough if my battery is weak? Then again, I should still be getting SOME spark. I'm talking to myself though. Please, anybody have any ideas for a newbie?