Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CTS-V power steering line.

Old 04-28-2011, 09:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default CTS-V power steering line.

I have the GMPP Cts-V accessory drive setup for my 240sx swap. I was just looking at my CTS-V powersteering pump and realized it doesn't have the normal banjo hole. It has a nipple fitting. I know power steering is high pressure and a clamp doesn't work. So, I was wondering does it just unbolt and a threaded hole is there or do I need a line fabricated?
Old 04-28-2011, 09:33 PM
On The Tree

Never mind I'm retarded and I wasn't looking at my pump right lol. Maybe I should read the directions closer next time!
Old 04-29-2011, 02:42 AM
8 Second Club

care to elaborate
Old 04-29-2011, 07:44 AM
On The Tree

The wonderful nipple on the side I was looking at isn't the high pressure line. It's the low pressure that goes to the reservoir. The high pressure is located on the bottom, and is the only other opening on the pump.
Old 04-30-2011, 01:07 AM
8 Second Club

any idea what fitting to use on that outlet?
Old 04-30-2011, 07:03 AM
On The Tree

Actually I was looking at the outlet and wondering that my self. I'v tried looking up the cts-v line to see what it looks like, but no luck. I found 1 black and white diagram pic and it looks like the same type of fitting as an fbody. Hopefully some one here can chime in with thier experience with this setup. It's sold as a direct fitment/replacement for all ls1/ls6 motors so hopfully you can just unscrew the silver fitting and the line screws into the black one.
Old 09-14-2014, 09:19 PM

Hey Mate

Did you ever work out how to use this fitting or did you get something else to replace the fitting with. Im currently going insane trying to work it out.

Thanks
Old 09-15-2014, 08:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by HX LSA
Hey Mate

Did you ever work out how to use this fitting or did you get something else to replace the fitting with. Im currently going insane trying to work it out.

Thanks
You might try getting a CTS-V or Corvette high pressure hose and having the end that goes to the rack replaced with the appropriate fitting. I was lucky in that the Corvette hose was a direct bolt in for my application. Perhaps you can go to the auto parts store and eyeball the various hoses to make sure you got the right one, and then go to a nearby hose maker to get the rack end done. Car Quest has hose making equipment in several locations.
Old 09-15-2014, 09:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by HX LSA
Hey Mate

Thanks
What are you having an issue with? I've found the G-body hose to work well on my chevelle. They are inexpensive and available at most auto stores. Just not sure the length will work for you.

Last edited by 1964SS; 09-15-2014 at 09:55 AM.
Old 09-15-2014, 10:19 AM
TECH Resident

Just did the CTS-V Accessory swap on my LM7 240sx. Because our Power Steering rack pressure and PS Pump pressure differences...you need to run this restrictor-fitting or something similar.

http://www.turnone-steering.com/Cadi...ting_p_32.html

Last edited by 2muchboostNY; 09-16-2014 at 10:25 AM.
Old 09-16-2014, 10:30 AM
TECH Resident

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

Russel makes a -AN fitting for it, but if I recall, there was some machining involved in either the fitting or the pulley. Don't know the part number though.

I have installed two of these and I used the stock CTS-V power steering line. Cut if off and put a 37 degree flare, flare nut and ferrule on it to adapt to -6AN, then had a high pressure hose made at my local shop. Factory hose was about 45 dollars at Oreilley, hydraulic shop charged 20 bucks to make the hose. Maybe a little pricey, but it worked like a charm...

T,
Old 09-17-2014, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by TomM
Russel makes a -AN fitting for it, but if I recall, there was some machining involved in either the fitting or the pulley. Don't know the part number though.

I have installed two of these and I used the stock CTS-V power steering line. Cut if off and put a 37 degree flare, flare nut and ferrule on it to adapt to -6AN, then had a high pressure hose made at my local shop. Factory hose was about 45 dollars at Oreilley, hydraulic shop charged 20 bucks to make the hose. Maybe a little pricey, but it worked like a charm...

T,
You are correct on the -AN fitting mate, when you try to screw it in it hits on the pulley as there is very little clearence. I was going to run a different fitting with a bump tube like the LS1 engines run on there pumps but when it was screwed all the way in the pipe was still loose.

I did look to buy the original CTS V Line and have it modded to fit an -AN fitting to the hard line but because I live in Australia that hose with shipping is getting up around the $200.00 mark. Then adding the -AN fittings and braided hose the price starts to get a bit scary lol
Old 09-17-2014, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by 2muchboostNY
Just did the CTS-V Accessory swap on my LM7 240sx. Because our Power Steering rack pressure and PS Pump pressure differences...you need to run this restrictor-fitting or something similar.

http://www.turnone-steering.com/Cadi...ting_p_32.html
Hi Mate

I had come across this fitting and thought it would do the job, but when I spoke to the guys at Turnone they said the following

Unfortunately our flow restrictor will not work in your application. Our fitting works in the CTS-V "Toyoda" pump. However, we do offer a stock replacement pump for your application, which would be part number T40CTSV.

T40CTSV is for the whole pump assemble and I'm not to keen on swapping pumps yet as the one I have is brand new already and came in the CTS V kit.
Old 09-17-2014, 10:33 PM

Here is the fitting that came with the pump, its a bit of a strange fitting, its 3/8 diameter on the bottom and 5/16 out on the top.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-...p-fitting.html
Old 09-17-2014, 10:50 PM

Smile

Originally Posted by 1981TA
You might try getting a CTS-V or Corvette high pressure hose and having the end that goes to the rack replaced with the appropriate fitting. I was lucky in that the Corvette hose was a direct bolt in for my application. Perhaps you can go to the auto parts store and eyeball the various hoses to make sure you got the right one, and then go to a nearby hose maker to get the rack end done. Car Quest has hose making equipment in several locations.
Yeah mate, Ive been looking at this option as well, it just gets pretty expensive becuase im in Australia and not everyone ships parts over here and the ones that do wanna rip you off on postage cost's. Ive had some companys quote $99 to ship fittings no bigger then your standard -AN fittings.

I dont mind so much spending the money because sometimes there is no other choice but I wanna make sure its gonna work before going out and spending the dollars.

Will check out the corvette hose too and see what thats like, Cheers mate
Old 09-17-2014, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by 1964SS
What are you having an issue with? I've found the G-body hose to work well on my chevelle. They are inexpensive and available at most auto stores. Just not sure the length will work for you.
Basically Im just trying to work out how to connect a hard line using that fitting to the pump as I cant use a standard -AN fitting as it hits the pulley, once I have the hard line in I was gonna come out about 2 inches and then put -AN fitting to the hard line. I will have to look in the G-Body hose to see what that is like. Thanks mate

I'm also looking into these options below to see if they will work.
http://www.flamingriver.com/index.ph...4/s0008/FR1634
http://detroitspeedengineering.carsh...d/17735/090401
Old 09-18-2014, 12:36 PM
TECH Resident

@HX....which kit did you use? I sent them all of the info that I had for the Pace Performance CTS-V kit and told me it would work. A few guys over in the Nissan forums did the same swap as I did and it worked.

BTW AWESOME car and build!
Old 09-18-2014, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by 2muchboostNY
@HX....which kit did you use? I sent them all of the info that I had for the Pace Performance CTS-V kit and told me it would work. A few guys over in the Nissan forums did the same swap as I did and it worked.

BTW AWESOME car and build!
I bought the kit from Jegs 19243525 and I believe the pump that comes with the kit is part number 20806165.

Thanks for the kind words to mate, appreciate it, Its been a long stressfull build at times lol but its finally getting close. Cant wait to have it back on the road.
Old 09-21-2014, 12:56 PM
TECH Resident

Huh.....I went with the Pace Performance kit. Guessing the summit kit uses a different PS a Pump?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: CTS-V power steering line.