Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

trouble shooting

Old 04-29-2011, 04:49 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default trouble shooting

Ok, I have tried about everything to fix my car. I have a thread goin in the External section following all my maintaince in efforts to cure this issue. Then today I hooked up my gauge on the fuel rail to discover I'm not getting ANY pressure with the key on & once it starts I'm rockin the big 25psi at the rail & it goes down to 15 after driving.

So I ordered a Racetronics direct fit fuel pump & after some reading have decided to stop at NAPA & buy a new Delphi FPR for the bucket. Its gotta either be the pump or the regulator. I tried putting in a used stock pump but still having the issue just without the whining.

I'm also thinking this could be whats making it die with the MAF plugged in. I'm thinking if there isnt enough FP & the MAF is tryin to adjust but cant b/c of lack of fuel then that could be why it dont want to run with the MAF plugged in.

So this weekend I'm gonna rebuild my PCV to ensure no leaks & when my pump gets here Tuesday I'll swap it & the regulator out & report back. Here is the thread link to my issues. Anyone that can add advice or help feel free to chime in please.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...ng-issues.html
Old 05-01-2011, 11:36 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I lost fuel pressure, did the twin walbo's, and found that the regulator was the problem the whole time... On short notice, I got one from auto zone, but it only holds 55 lb... So I adjusted the injector flow rates until I can find a quality unit...
Old 05-04-2011, 06:25 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Racetronix pump fixed it. Good to go now with 62psi at idle on my gauge.

Search this Thread