Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

magnaflow muffler in LM1 catback

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 10:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow magnaflow muffler in LM1 catback

Anyone ever stick a magnaflow muffler into a LM1 catback instead of buying the whole magnaflow catback? I currently have the LM1, about to get cam/longtubes/ORY, so thinking that magnaflow and e-cutouts would be the best route (quiet when you want it, loud when people start saying how much they hate magnaflow).
Old 04-30-2011, 08:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's been done, I put a chambered Powerstick in mine and it pretty much sounded the same. I ended up ditching the LM. It's all a matter of preference, some like the sound some don't. Borla-mouths were pretty popular for a while too. Only way to tell is too try it, opinions and video clips don't work to well unfortunately.
Old 05-01-2011, 01:01 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the only magnaflow that will fit in the lm1 is a bullet,the magnaflow catback has a real muffler.now I'm sure you could make the catback and I have seen it done. But unless you know someone that can do it for you it could cost.9 times out of 10 people just repeat what they hear,I had a lm1 and now have a magnaflow and I think it sounds great.has a good tone,just a lil rasp but compared to a lm1 ill take magnaflow any day.I have a ms4 in my car and its not all that quite when driving,a lm1 will get old fast,
Old 05-01-2011, 01:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeh that's what I figure. Ill prolly just buy the magnaflow catback. I've heard of some people running a bullet muffler in the i-pipe of the magnaflow to help with rasp..think the LM1 would work for that?