Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Window regulator rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 08:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window regulator rebuild

I went to put my window up today before going into a store, and noticed that it was off track. I was able to get it up properly, and went home. I took my door panel off, and found the problem. The track that the window runs along, the vertical one farthest away from the the door hinge, had the guide inside the track pretty much crumble and fall apart. So now I have the peg attached to the window, and a broken guide inside of the track. I also noticed that there's a stop at the top of the track that is bolted in, which leads me to believe that I can replace the guide instead of the entire regulator. Does anyone know where I might be able to pick one of these up, or am I going to have to buy a new regulator?
Old 05-02-2011, 08:59 PM
On The Tree

I think I found the part that I need. It's part number 9666748, if anyone thinks they can verify for me based on my description.
Old 05-05-2011, 11:14 AM
Restricted User

Default Window

Does the window slide around and flops inside and out at the top,these are bad for the bracket with the roller attached to the window for breaking,if this is the case it is best to buy another glass.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:38 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Fbodyparts
Does the window slide around and flops inside and out at the top,these are bad for the bracket with the roller attached to the window for breaking,if this is the case it is best to buy another glass.
It is the roller that's attached to the bottom of the window that broke. The window wanders horizontally when I open or close the window. I ordered a couple of new rollers (the part number I posted above), and they arrived today. I'm going to see if I can use them to fix the window over the weekend.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:37 AM
On The Tree

Didn't get to install the roller over the weekend, it was that time of the month for the wife, and I didn't feel like getting into a fight with her. I did paint the new door handle I ordered, and it turned out quite nice. Hopefully I can install the roller and handle today after work.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:27 PM
On The Tree

Looks like that part number is the wrong item- way too small. For now I was able to re-use the broken roller until I can find the correct one. Just need to be extra gentle with the window for now.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:34 AM
Restricted User

Thumbs up Window

Originally Posted by majeskyb
Looks like that part number is the wrong item- way too small. For now I was able to re-use the broken roller until I can find the correct one. Just need to be extra gentle with the window for now.
Hope you get it fixed,at least you got it working,Good luck with the fix.