Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Drag rims, with bigger matching fronts???

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 08:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Drag rims, with bigger matching fronts???

So im looking into some rims that have a nice pattern and matching taller fronts, like weld prostars, that i can get 15x12's for the rear and a 17x8 for the front. Anything else like those that are available? I know draglites had the XP series but those are discontinued.

Thanks!
Old 05-03-2011, 07:14 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Both the Weld Prostar XP and Draglite XP have been discontinued some many years ago. Welds new RTS wheels come in 15, 17, 18, and 20 inch diameters. Of course being a bigger diameter front they are not going to be a perfect match. I personally prefer a bit thinner spoke in the front. I ran 15x10 Weldstar rears with 17x4 Alumastar fronts on my Camaro.

Old 05-04-2011, 07:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Didn't know the prostars were discontinued since i saw some new ones on ebay yesterday. Im getting some used draglites for now, cheap enough that if they don't clear my vette calipers i'll be able to resell fairly quickly.

I'll keep my eyes open for some draglite xp's, otherwise I'll look into the weldstars as well. Theres also the American Racing Salt Flats that would look bitchin on my hot rod, but they aren't cheap.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:10 AM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Marcello7x
Didn't know the prostars were discontinued since i saw some new ones on ebay yesterday. Im getting some used draglites for now, cheap enough that if they don't clear my vette calipers i'll be able to resell fairly quickly.

I'll keep my eyes open for some draglite xp's, otherwise I'll look into the weldstars as well. Theres also the American Racing Salt Flats that would look bitchin on my hot rod, but they aren't cheap.
Prostars are not continued, just the Prostar XP, which came in the 16 and 17" diameters. I highly doubt you will fit 15" draglites over vette brakes, they won't even clear LS1 Camaro/Firebird brakes.