Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

audiopipe TSVR6 review

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 12:43 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default audiopipe TSVR6 review

so i installed the TSVR6 subs last night. Very easy install, i did have to make new screw holes, but that was no biggie. they sound very tight for they sails being such a terrible inclosure. i sill think adding a 10" stealth box will be a big help with low bass, but for the 50 i spent shipped, very pleased! these are a good value mid-bass driver in my eyes.

-Bruce
Old 05-05-2011, 01:14 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used to carry them. Used to is the operative word. They do sound pretty good and I loved the fact that they have screw in terminals. Then the spider will fail. They have a design flaw and the spider fails on them by detaching from the housing. Not on all of them but I had enough come back which I replaced so that I stopped carrying them.
The larger models (8" and up) have the spiders attached by hex bolts to keep this from happening, the 6.5" VR6 does not have this.
God luck, I hope this does not happen to yours.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:35 PM
Staging Lane

I have them in my formula they did sound good until the spider came loose like kee said
Old 05-05-2011, 02:08 PM
Launching!

eh, it was honestly a quick cheap fix... i plan on getting a package deal from kee when the time/money is right...
Old 05-05-2011, 02:56 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wasn't tryin to burst your bubble or anything even close to that. I just wanted to give you the heads up in case you had trouble with them you would know what it is.
I used to carry the earlier version which was the TS-V6....same design, some had same problem, so then they came out with the new TS-VR6 and my supplier showed me the 10" version with the screwed in spider and it looked very promising...until I got the 6.5" version and it didn't have the bolts. I went ahead and gave them a shot though. I liked the new surround design and they did sound great. Also loved the fact that they had screw in terminals....made for an easy install.

Quick Reply: audiopipe TSVR6 review