Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Building a cobra killer

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 09:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Building a cobra killer

I currently own two camaros a 1994 3.4l and a 1996 3.8l im wanting to do an engine swap in my 94' if it is possible with a ls1 or a 350 or 400 small block with twin turbos dont know how much trouble it would be to make that swap and where i stay this is ford country crawling with mustangs and cobras i would love to build a mustang/cobra killer if it can be done with my 94' if anyone out there has any input please let me know.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a swaps section that will guide you are far as a motor swap. As far as going forced induction a lot of hard core racers prefer the original small block over the LS1/x because of the problem with lifting heads on the ls motors. Anyway that you look at it you are going to need deep pockets to replace all the running gear, the fuel system, cooling system, before you even get to the motor.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:47 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Orange Juice
There is a swaps section that will guide you are far as a motor swap. As far as going forced induction a lot of hard core racers prefer the original small block over the LS1/x because of the problem with lifting heads on the ls motors. Anyway that you look at it you are going to need deep pockets to replace all the running gear, the fuel system, cooling system, before you even get to the motor.

I wouldn't be worried about lifting heads until at least 900hp. With 900hp(800rw) you could easily take a Cobra down.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:06 PM

Where do i need to look to find the section on engine swaps?? As for the engine i plan on goin with the 350 but will it give me what im looking for it may be a little high but im looking for about 700hp with at least 580hp on the ground is that possible?? The engine will be built with everything i can think of cramming on it i do have a little to play with so if i have to purchase a major part every 4-6 weeks itll still be ok just wondering if i can call on you if i need advice or looking at what or where i can find parts?
Old 05-04-2011, 11:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

check the newbie sections and start reading and asking questions for general questions and parts locations. more specialized FI questions go to the FI sections. If ur really want to do this swap Id start looking for a totaled Fbody with the drive train you want buy the whole car and start swaping stuff over
Old 05-05-2011, 02:33 AM
On The Tree

start looking in the classifieds on here, lots of people sell K members after going tubular..
Old 05-05-2011, 12:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have seen a few Kenne Bell Terminators putting down mid 600's to the wheels. Its a tall order to beat them even with a heads/cam ls1. I would look into a turbo setup.

Quick Reply: Building a cobra killer