Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0157 Long Tube no Cats

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 06:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0157 Long Tube no Cats

I installed a set of OBX long tube headers without cats. The o2 sensor harnesses were not long enough for either the front or the rear.

For the front sensors, I took the rear sensors and swapped out the end connectors with the front. I think the wires were aluminum because they wouldn't heat up to take solder. Since they wouldn't take solder, I twisted the wires together and used a crimper over them. This seems to be working okay.

For the rear sensors, I took the leftover front sensors and the rear connectors and spliced them together with the same gauge of copper wire to get the proper length. Since the copper would take, heat, I was able to solder the copper to the aluminum sensor and connector wires.

I purchases two sets of spark plug non foulers and welded them together for one set. Then I drilled out the outer non fouler with a 5/8" drill bit to allow clearance for the o2 sensor.

Now I'm getting a P0157 touble code:
P0157 02 Sensor Circuit Low Voltage (Bank 2 Sensor 2)

Do you think the sensor isn't getting enough exhaust? Should I drill out the hole to the exhaust flow larger?

Why am I not getting a P0430 code? If I'm not getting a P0430 code, does that mean it's a connection issue or a bad o2 sensor rather than how well the non fouler is working?
P0430 Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 2)
Old 05-06-2011, 08:02 PM
Teching In

I also have the exact same problem. I have long tunes now with no cats, and Im constantly seeing that code.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:03 PM

Hey i have an ory pipe and im also getting po157 wondering if you guys figured out the problem
Old 04-16-2013, 06:48 PM
Staging Lane

it went away on it's own. I think the WD40 i used on the threads messed it up. I ran for a over a year without a problem.

Here is the right up:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-t...simulator.html

I got a dyno tune last year and they told me they tuned out the downstream o2's, so I removed them this summer....then the code came back. Apparently they forgot to. Then the place went out of business. I'm going to put the o2's back in pretty soon.

Quick Reply: P0157 Long Tube no Cats