Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Please HELP any ideas??

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 11:54 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please HELP any ideas??

Hey guys i would appreciate any kinds of help yall might have to offer. I got a 98 Camaro small cam, th-350 , bolt ons etc.... The car sat for about 2 years i tried starting it and it wasn't getting fuel. i changed the fuel pump and it starts on the first crank. The car seems like it runs and idles great untill it gets warmed up. Then if you get on the gas hard it will start to flash the converter and then it bogs really bad almost sounds like the motor dies. Any ideas why the car is cutting out and bogging so bad. Spark plugs, spark plug wires, coil packs, injectors, Fuel pump might be bad, tuning maybe???????? any thoughts? the car was tuned and running good before it was put up. Also this might be a dumb question but does the car loose its tune if there is not a battery hooked up after a while. :confused:

thanks for any help have a good day.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It will not loose the tune if the battery is disconnected, sounds like you may have very dirty injectors that is where I would start get then out and have them cleaned.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my buddies car sat for 1yr and his did the same thing but it was the pick up line in the fuel pump assy...he put a walbro 255 and fixed that line and he has no probs now.....i would start with the fuel pressure at idle and then in the trottle to see if it changes before u go and replace a bunch of stuff u dont need to